Go figure... miss a sale by a day?

GoldenMotor.com

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
I try to wait for sales to order motor kits but if you need 'em you need 'em.

Nationwide Access (gaskibe.net and Kings) announced a 66cc GT5 Skyhawk kit sale yesterday (5-6-13), I get the promo e-mails, $149 free delivery.

Go figure, I ordered 2 kits the Sunday night before, they processed and shipped it on the 6th.

---
Order Status..................Done (shipped)
Order Date....................May 05, 2013; 05:33pm PDT
Order Number..................GasBike70350
Terms and Conditions..........Agreed
Payment Method................Credit Card
Payment Status................Completed

Subtotal..............................$358.00
Tax (USA: 0%)...........................$0.00
Shipping (53 lbs)......................$29.46
GRAND TOTAL...........................$387.46
---

That's an $86.46 order difference guys so I am certainly going to see if they will cut me some slack and sent Nationwide a reply on my invoice e-mail.

---
Hi Guy,

You processed this order I made late Sunday the same day you had a sale Monday, how about crediting me the $86.46 difference for use on future orders?

Considering how much I buy from you that would be the friendly thing to do as being a small time builder $86 is a lot of money to me.

Thanks,
KC Vale
---

Regardless I'm going to score at least one more Skyhawk kit at that $149 delivered price as I budget $200 for the motor kits on builds and that is like finding a $50 bill on the sidewalk ;-}

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
It never hurts to ask.
Aaron over at Nationwide made me my own special coupon code for a rebate on my next purchase so I used it with the sale price for a 3rd kit order today which I was going to do anyway.

----
Order Status..................New
Order Date....................May 07, 2013; 02:05pm PDT
Order Number..................GasBike70477
Terms and Conditions..........Agreed
Payment Method................Credit Card
Payment Status................Completed

Subtotal...................................$149.00
Coupon #KC****......................-$86.46
Tax (USA: 0%)...........................$0.00
Shipping (26.5 lbs).....................$0.00
GRAND TOTAL............................$62.54
---

I obviously *'ed out the 1 time custom coupon code number he made up and gave me for that purchase to post this but I thought that was pretty cool of Nationwide to do the right thing without hesitation in a couple hours and why I think it pays to just buy the good the stuff with repeat business if you build these for sale and snag the bargains when they come to stock up.

I'll be stocked up with 2 extra motor kits now so maybe I'll have some fun with a build of my own choosing for my bonus $62.54 Skyhawk kit ;-}

I don't know how long the $149 delivered sale lasts but if you do motorized bikes you might want to grab one considering BFG/RAW/bla bla bla kits simply aren't 2012 Skyhawks and cost more than Skyhawks today.

Last edited:

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
KC seems like you're going to be doing more building than riding.
I have helpers for doing most of the wrench turning but I always take the last test ride myself so I ride something pretty much every day, but that's true, working from home I don't really do any pleasure or commute riding.