Giant Iguana build...?

GoldenMotor.com

dcsnow44

Jun 9, 2010
Alberta, Canda
Hey there everyone! I am planning a bike build but unfortunately all I have for a bike is a kona shred 2-4, which is if any of you know it's frame is much to small to accept one of these 2 stroke engines. Therefore I am in the search for a used mountain bike, I have come across a Giant Iguana that has an 18" frame and was wondering if anyone has previously used this bike or has any thought on it?

It is 70$

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
Actually I have one hanging from hooks in the garage, haven't ridden it in about 8 years but for a dumpster find it's a very nice bike.

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
Can't see why not, a MTB isn't my style to motorize but if I needed one for commuting I probably would build that over all of the other MTBs I have laying around which consist of a couple of Schwinns and a big old Magna with a 1 1/2 downtube.

moronic_kaos

Apr 6, 2010
Connecticut
Well, if you plan on buying the motor even if you have to find another bike to put it on, just get the motor, take it out of the box, and try setting it on the frame. If it fits, it fits, and if it don't, then its time to go dumpster diving or keep an eye on craigslist for a few weeks.

dcsnow44

Jun 9, 2010
Alberta, Canda
Well I am disappointed to announce that I will no longer be going to do this project, because I have done some research and discovered that since this time of year last year the Alberta government had made new laws concerning motorized bikes, therefore i do not want to be illegal.