Genisis onyx 29er springer fork

GoldenMotor.com

mannyphresh

Feb 18, 2013
moval
is the front spring forks bent or straight?Did you run into any problems fitting them on?It looks sleek as ****.

donphantasmo

Oct 3, 2010
Middleburg, FL
Great build, but I just want to point out a thing or two.

First, Make sure the chain is tighter then that. That thing will give you a headache.

Try (if you gan) to tilt the engine back a little. Your exhaust port is facing down pretty decently, and eventually you may get a bunch of oil in the exahust can.

That rear sprocket is made for a bike with 26 inch wheels. Get a manic Mechanic sprocket adapter, and get a much bigger sprocket. That will help your engine not bog down as much. Meaning you don't have to pedal as much to help it from a stop. The Manic Mechanic sprocket adapter perfectly centers your sprocket, and allows you to change sizes with ease. Also, it helps with clearance issues that come when the chain rubs against the tire.

Personally, I think it's one of the nicest bikes I've seen. LOVE the ONYX and this one looks pretty bad A$$

Master-shake

Feb 24, 2013
texas
that's the first one I've seen painted white. That frame must be pretty legit. I like mine, it's a cruiser though.

Dobzeh

Apr 8, 2013
Florida
I have the same bike and I'm wondering did the springer forks fit on the bike with any problems

motorhedfred

Jul 31, 2009
United States
Kelvin, I don't mean to rain on your enthusiasm but you've got no trail whatsoever in your front end geometry. Please take it very easy till you get used to it.

Ratt_Bones

Aug 2, 2013
Appleton, Wi.
here my genesis 29er with springer fork and custom banshee fmf pipe
I know that I am super behind in this thread (a year), but I just bought this same 29" wheel beast, and am in the process of motorizing. I am in the hunt for a springer fork.

I am curious if you have a 26" fork with the beast wheel stuffed in there? I did notice that the head angle on this frame is already pretty steep, and I am uncertain if I would want to go with a 26" fork or not and be even steeper.

Let me know, thanks!

placidscene

Apr 1, 2012
Austin, TX
Anyone have any idea where that fork came from?
It has too much rake angle for me, but I just bought a 29" Cruiser and am looking for a springer fork everywhere to no avail?

Ratt_Bones

Aug 2, 2013
Appleton, Wi.
Anyone have any idea where that fork came from?
It has too much rake angle for me, but I just bought a 29" Cruiser and am looking for a springer fork everywhere to no avail?
It's a 26" springer fork. A 29" wheel will fit into them.
I do it all the time now. A bent springer will give you tons of clearance, but the handling sucks.

Here is a pic of my non motorized ride with a 26" rear, and 29" front. Standard 26" springer fork.

Ratt_Bones

Aug 2, 2013
Appleton, Wi.
I was starting to think that was the case.
Thanks for the reply!
Why is the handling so bad?
Because when you lower the head tube, you also steepen the head angle along with sweeping out the rake. This creates a "pendulum" effect in the steering.

It makes the bikes a lot tougher to ride at higher speeds.