Genesis Astra question??

GoldenMotor.com

runnermike

Nov 18, 2012
Sanford, FL
Hey guys

I'm in the process of rebuilding my Astra. It was one of my first builds. Before I really knew the do's and don'ts. Lol. I'm stripping the frame down, cleaning it up, and having a few holes welded up that I drilled to run wires through <------- I know, stupid, but at least they weren't drilled all the way through.

I'm going for a chopper/ street cruiser look. I have some big ole beefy triple tree forks on order and some 3" fat wheels from choppersus.

I'm waiting on my park tools to arrive so I can remove the crank properly. My question is....what type of BB is on the Astra,,, mid, American (think its too small to be American), or euro?

Thanks in advance

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
All the chain store brands are chinese metric junk but they interchange with the quality stuff and use the same tools.
Be very careful using the arm puller as I've seen a lot of cheap arms strip the inner thread when using a puller. Be sure to lube the threads and make SURE it is fully seated all the way in before using the pressure nut.

runnermike

Nov 18, 2012
Sanford, FL
Thanks for the speedy reply. I'm replacing the entire BB and crank to a good quality one. My question still remains....does anyone know what type of BB it is? Just trying to get one ordered.

Thanks

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
I don't understand. It's a chinese metric BB. Just match up the thread diameters.
You can look at it to see if it's a sealed or open bearing unit. They are pretty standard.