GasLand

GoldenMotor.com

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
Let me start out with this: I rarely do this on ANY site I visit, but I am deeply compelled to do it now.
I hope I don't earn any infractions by it.

I just got done watching a 1 hour 45 minute grass roots documentary called GasLand. It was aired by HBO.
If anyone here has cable or satellite TV and your provider has on demand service with HBO available, I implore you, I beseech you to watch this documentary. It is not a pay per view program, it is free to watch.
It is the dark truth about Hydro Fracturing and natural gas drilling.
I was only 15 minutes into the show and I was on the edge of my chair, sometimes yelling at it.
I never yell at the TV.
I know better, the people on the other side can't hear me.

The Gulf catastrophe seems to be just another piece of the puzzle in big corporates game.
I know that the Gulf catastrophe has been going on for 2 months now.
GasLand has been played for 30 years now, and is only getting faster and bigger with each day.
I am withholding my stronger, more colorful opinions on it for fear of getting serious infractions against me.
Here is a utube link to a 3 minute trailer. It really is worth the 3 minutes of your life to watch:
YouTube - GASLAND Trailer 2010

Do not ride faster than your guardian angel can fly!

Last edited:

kicking

Apr 11, 2010
mississippi
I think its all about money ‘’4’’ sure ! I will try to see this gasland program . I see no reason for infractions . We need to have more energy sources plain and simple, I personally believe that they could make an tire that would last 300 if not 1000 years . With all the things that are out in public view such as the Superconducting Super Collider / The claims that scientist are making about freezing human beings and unthawing them at an latter date is now possible / and training brain cells to keep time on an laboratory dish that has just happened , which tells me zombies will exist and be used for military purposes more than likely ( it is not sci -fi any more ) So why not things such as automobile tires that last 300 years and an inexhaustible power source such as antimatter ? Because there is no money evolved in it , I saw an program with Jessie The body oppsss the Mind , on the subject of global warming , I believe that climatic change is going on big time myself , seismic and atmospheric change , I think the civilization of ancient troy proves that. I agreed on one thing on the program‘’ the right to pollute fees exits’ . Cant say for sure we contribute to global warming though . I would go as far to say Plate tectonic changes are happening. One thing for sure is these sun flares and the activity the sun that’s going on right now, will be none we have ever seen ..... Bottom line We need to find better power sources than gas and such

Last edited:

TerrontheSnake

Jun 1, 2009
Oregon
Look into the thompson magnetic motor, there is a guy in australia that had a 300hp motor that ran on nothing but magnets. He is in prison all of his assests seized and he will never see the light of day. Some people question my revolutionary attitude but seriously if our politicians are in these guys pockets then they shouldn't be our politicians. Unfortunately they are and they are resposible for more atrocities then any of us would even want to know.

People wonder why I get so pissed about it, well ignorance is bliss............for some

Last edited:

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
For one Anti-mater is just a made up theory to make the universe fit mathematically for astrophysicists, the universe doesn't work the way their formula says it should so in order to make their formula work they "invented" anti-mater. Don't believe me, ask any physicist astro or otherwise to tell you exactly what anti-mater is.

Using fossil fuel has nothing to do with plate tectonics or solar flares. The planet will be around long after we're gone. Things change, they've changed a lot in the last 100,000 years and it's only in the last 100 years that people have come to believe that what we do really has an effect on anything and that somehow we can keep the planet from changing out from under us.

kicking

Apr 11, 2010
mississippi
For one Anti-mater is just a made up theory to make the universe fit mathematically for astrophysicists, the universe doesn't work the way their formula says it should so in order to make their formula work they "invented" anti-mater. Don't believe me, ask any physicist astro or otherwise to tell you exactly what anti-mater is.

Using fossil fuel has nothing to do with plate tectonics or solar flares. The planet will be around long after we're gone. Things change, they've changed a lot in the last 100,000 years and it's only in the last 100 years that people have come to believe that what we do really has an effect on anything and that somehow we can keep the planet from changing out from under us.
I beleive anti-mater exsist they just dont know how yet . The solar flares could damage power. the rest already exsist . My point is , I don't believe with the technology we have we don't have other energy avenues. But since an Judge has absolute power , I will believe anything

TerrontheSnake

Jun 1, 2009
Oregon
Yeah I disagree with fossil fuels not having anything to do with plate techtonics. Just because the rest of the world hasn't recognized it yet. The oil is a lubricating force for these techtonic plates and if we suck it all up I bet you the earthquakes we've seen so far are nothing compared to whats to come.

Buzzard

Jul 9, 2008
Lincoln, NE
This may be slightly off topic but why are countries, corporations, private individuals, and even NASA boring under mountains, and making massive shelters and stocking them with everything from toilet paper to a years worth of food sources and selling them to anyone that can come up with the price tag. These are supposedly for disasters either manmade or natural. IS there something about this 2012 we don't know about?

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
This may be slightly off topic but why are countries, corporations, private individuals, and even NASA boring under mountains, and making massive shelters and stocking them with everything from toilet paper to a years worth of food sources and selling them to anyone that can come up with the price tag. These are supposedly for disasters either manmade or natural. IS there something about this 2012 we don't know about?
YouTube - It's the End of the World As We Know it (And I Feel Fine) - REM

kicking

Apr 11, 2010
mississippi
Hello Buzz , its nice to see someone who has some hands on experience in the world of gas and oil. I have goten off topic on this , just to make an point that I refuse to believe we don’t have enough technology to have an whole lot of energy avenues to use 'now' . As far as 2012 , I still can find an reason for this question on this thread . Why do they bore under mountains? Well back when Regan and Gorbachev were discussing the Salt Treaty . From what they claimed the world powers had enough nuclear weapons to put earth 300 galaxies away the size of an grain of sand. If this is one of the reasons they bore and hide under mountains ,then let them bore very deep. The 2012 event will happen ! To what degree no one knows yet. Any kind of alignment with the planets and the sun , especially all of them with the milky way ( which has an vortex shape in my view ) or an black hole could make the earth wobble . And come off of its axis . Well getting off but back on topic , Lets say there is an all out world thermo nuclear war . They go in the mountain shelters . Will they not need generators or some type of power for pumps , for fresh air , lights , and sewage ? ‘which’ the air will be radioactive in the scenario of thermonuclear cloud of dust . Same way with the 2012 theory , which the movie reminded me of the story of Noah’s ark. They can run but they cant hide. YouTube - Michio Kaku dismisses the 2012 hysteria

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
I can guarantee that hiding in a hole when "The End" comes will not help anything, so don't waste your money.

As far as the 2012 event, I hope it's the second coming of Christ.

That would be nice.

kicking

Apr 11, 2010
mississippi
I can guarantee that hiding in a hole when "The End" comes will not help anything, so don't waste your money.

As far as the 2012 event, I hope it's the second coming of Christ.

That would be nice.
Well Joe let me say that it takes an brave person to talk about Jesus in public and online anymore . I too try my best to hold faith , with all the science and all .what they are doing . Some politicians say we should not , wear it on our sleeves . ( but I should talk more about it at times ) I too hope that Jesus comes soon , but I must work on my personal relationship with God . I let the phoney christans get to me too much and start wondering why ? jesus why ? and when ? And I need to get my sinking in the sea strait with him. I need to hold on to faith! And I know it !

TerrontheSnake

Jun 1, 2009
Oregon
This is how I see it. Be prepared, we've been warned. How dumb will you feel if they were right and you did nothing? So my motto is I don't neccessarily know or believe that it will happen but why not be somewhat prepared just in case it does?

Bikeguy Joe

Jan 8, 2008
up north now
I will talk about Jesus to any one, any time, anywhere and not be afraid.

I have a strong faith, when tested at times, just proves it all the more.

Bikeguy Joe

Jan 8, 2008
up north now
This is how I see it. Be prepared, we've been warned. How dumb will you feel if they were right and you did nothing? So my motto is I don't neccessarily know or believe that it will happen but why not be somewhat prepared just in case it does?
But I haven't "been warned".... I didn't see the video. I have dial up and video takes hours to load.

What is "it" and how would one "prepare". ;)

Last edited:

kicking

Apr 11, 2010
mississippi
yes terron we all are awaken when faced with uncertain times , we get scared and try to get ready and strait . then as soon as the storm passes we go right back to stupidity as an human nature I guess. And I have enough for three weeks at all times. And it came and went during Katrina. And I was an boy scout too . I miss It

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
Big deal, the Mayan calender ends Jan 1 2012. The calender I have on my desk ends Dec 31, 2010. The end is even nearer! laff

The real question is if the end is coming would you want to survive it? Personally I wouldn't.

Bikeguy Joe

Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Big deal, the Mayan calender ends Jan 1 2012. The calender I have on my desk ends Dec 31, 2010. The end is even nearer! laff

The real question is if the end is coming would you want to survive it? Personally I wouldn't.
If it's "the end" then you can't/won't survive it.