gas wont come down to motor

GoldenMotor.com

jesseallatt

Apr 23, 2011
rawdon qc
having trouble with gas
it wont seem to come down ive tried taking of filters opening the cap but nothing works can anybody help me
the deamon 80 cc doesnt idle either
maybe because its new
wondering if its because of the gas not coming down

thanks

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
a motor won't run without fuel.

go through an elimination process.

first, make sure there's gas in it. (don't laugh, it's happened to me. pedalling my a$$ off around the block, then realizing i forgot to fill it up.:))

second, pull the fuel line off and turn on the petcock and make sure it flows. if it don't, the petcock's either clogged or broken.

if it does, check your fuel line and filters for any blockages, kinks whatever.

if it all flows down to the carb, check the float bowl of the carb for fuel. if it's empty, it's probably a blocked jet.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
You could also do something as simple as pulling the fuel line off at the carburetor and blowing into the line with your mouth. Make sure the petcock is open first.
If the intank filter is clogged, which it probably is, the fuel will begin to flow.
So what if you get a little fuel on your lips; spit it out and wipe them with a rag.
Tom

onanysunday

Apr 21, 2011
St. Paul
You might as well replace your restrictive/poor quality fuel petcock while you're at it. I have the same fuel flow problem as you. I just bought my new fuel valve from sickbikeparts this morning and plan on replacing mine when it arrives in the mail. This is a direct screw-on replacement, no modifying necessary. When I removed my fuel line and tried draining my full tank nothing would come out! They only sell one kind and it costs $13.45 after shipping and tax. Use teflon paste or an equivalent gas rated sealant to seal the threads when you're installing the new valve and don't overtighten or allow any of the thread sealer material to get inside the tank. Finally, don't forget to use an inline fuel filter such as visu-filter.

Last edited:

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
You have already addressed this problem in another thread. Please do not post the same question in different places. You'll get better response if you ask once and wait for replies. Thank you.
Tom