Gas/Oil Mixture help

GoldenMotor.com

MotorNut123

Aug 31, 2010
New York
Hi im a newbie to this forum. i bought a 66/80cc RAW kit from zone8cycling and its great so far. im just about done with the last tank for break in. i put it on a no name bike i found on craigslist for cheap but im swapping the motor over to a Schwinn Delmar for a winter project and to have a better ride. For the break in ive been running 35 to 1 (3 1/2 oz oil) because i know that 16 to 1 isnt great to do. but now that im just about ready to switch oil ratio i was thinking of going to 30 to 1 (4 oz oil) but im not to sure. is this about right and okay to run after break in??

MotorNut123

Aug 31, 2010
New York
i already know how to calculate the ratios but what im wondering is that since i was at 35 to 1 for the break in, would 32 to 1 be okay to run or shoud i run something else?

kipharley

Jul 9, 2009
Sanford,Maine
Why are you considering going heavier with the gas/oil mixture?
I'm new to this 2 cycle oil mixtures.My only experience is chain saws and weed wackers and if it smoked that wasn't a bad thing!
I know there's some experts out there.I hope they jump in with their opinions.
I'm reading more and more about 100/1 and I shudder.
Is there a syn oil out there that works that good that you just have to use 1.28 oz per gal?

MotorNut123

Aug 31, 2010
New York
do 24:1 even though i aready broke it in, the motor is broken in already with 35:1. i was considering going to 32:1 now because that is what everyone seems to be running.