Gas Leaking From Carb??

GoldenMotor.com

WaterDog

Sep 12, 2010
Miami / Fort Lauderdale, Florida
After a perfect ride, I park the bike. A few minutes later I notice gas dripping from the bottom of the carb and from the air filter. The tanks fuel line is turned off, so I am sure the dripping will stop. But what would cause this? The 1 mile ride ran prefect and I have never seen this happen before. I checked the gas hose into the carb and it is tight and not leaking. Any ideas?

DudeZXT

Jun 20, 2010
Lexington, KY
Overflow tube in the carb. If I tilt my bike too far when I pick it up, gas comes out the bottom tube, too.

It's best to connect a 1/8" short hose to the nipple and run it under your pedal crank, in order to keep the gas from getting all over your bike...

Last edited:

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
If you have fuel dripping from your air filter your fuel level is incorrect. Either you need to adjust the float or you have some junk in the needled and seat causing a over flooding problem.

WaterDog

Sep 12, 2010
Miami / Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Metal scrap in needle area keeping the float down. Problem fixed!! Thanks guys...leaked a tank of gas in my garage, other than that, small fix....whole house smells like a bike shop....haha...i love, family is still bitc*ing at me.

WildAlaskan

Sep 30, 2010
alaska
If you have fuel dripping from your air filter your fuel level is incorrect. Either you need to adjust the float or you have some junk in the needled and seat causing a over flooding problem.
ditto thats what im saying

Last edited:

WildAlaskan

Sep 30, 2010
alaska
i dont know how to put a quote in the reply i wasnt trying to copy dave

never mind it has been explained

Last edited: