for real

GoldenMotor.com

sojudave

Oct 18, 2008
austin tx
I got 88mph with a 44t...

There is a secret boost button that the Chinese installed between the fins in the cylinder. You need something like a needle to poke it and active the boost button. You have to do it at the right RPM or it wont work.

PM me and send me a money order for $129.99 and I will tell you where it is and what RPM to hit the button.

It's amazing guys it really works! .wee.

Secret Boost Video :: Secret Boost Video video by FR31MB - Photobucket
OOOOHHHH that button.... I forgot about that one. Isn't it next to the lever you pull to make wings pop out of the cooling fins for better aerodynamics?

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
I finally got speedometers on both my Americans... mechanical speedometers for a 26" wheel and to be read in MPH. One is an old Schwinn (made in France for Schwinn) and the other is a Chinese job from bikeworldusa. I was surprised at how going just 20mph feels fast on a bicycle. Kind of like being close to the ground in a go kart or shooting rapids in a canoe... can really feel fast. I guess it is all relative. You can ride in a car at 60 and feel like you're going kind of slow. An in an airplane it looks like the scenery is moving and not the plane. All relative. Anyway, I find that 20 to 25 feels like a sensible speed on my old bikes. I don't know if the speedometers are truly accurate, but on a flat I got the boygofast one to 32 pulling the dog behind in a kiddie trailer and 36 with just me. The other bike's speedometer needle isn't all that steady, but appears to top out at34- 35 with just me. I don't really like going that fast as the engine is really doing it's best and sounds like it's about ready to blow. Cruising at 30 it sounds OK. I'm six foot, weigh around 200 pounds ( I don't look in case I'm wrong) and my bikes are not light... early 60's Schwinns with heavy duty fat wheels. I am running Opti-2 in both engines and both are stock with the exception of a slant head added on to the old Dax. Given that these are just bicycles, I'm happy with they way they run and don't care about getting more speed out of them. I'm trying to remain accident free and am more interested in smooth and reliable over how fast I can go. Now if I were a young guy again I might feel differently about it, but when you're older and get hurt it can take a long time to mend. I want to keep riding.
Silverbear

sojudave

Oct 18, 2008
austin tx
so it seems that the consensus is about 30-35 after break-in on bone stock kits, and around 22-25 before break-in. I wasn't sure if I had something wacky going on with the way I installed the kit. This isn't my first go around with them. I sold my first one pretty quick. The only thing I did was move my c-clip to the first position on the needle. I'm still going through my first gallon of gas on my current bike, a Craigslist chengine. I don't think the dude finished the break-in on it.

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
i just put new air in the tires, added another ziptie to my throttle cable, and scraped the burnt paint off my muffler, and i got up to 89.7689mph. i calculated that speed by not wearing a helmet. the wind noise is the same when i stick my head out the window of my car, so i know it's right. plus, i flew passed the lady on the rascal scooter, and she musta been doing at least 50...

buzzkill

Aug 22, 2009
atlanta, ga
I got mine close to 95mph before I deployed the parachute, wanted to be the first to jump the Grand canyon on a MB, only made it about 5 feet but got some great speed on the way down. I actually only hit a top speed of 15mph so far, mine keeps four stroking no matter what I do, I'm on my second carburator, filled and drilled the jet and no luck, three differant spark plugs and two spark plug wires and it just won't stop four stroking, I'm gonna try one more thing and if it don't work I'm going to see how well these motors hold up to a 12ga slug.

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
I got mine close to 95mph before I deployed the parachute, wanted to be the first to jump the Grand canyon on a MB, only made it about 5 feet but got some great speed on the way down. I actually only hit a top speed of 15mph so far, mine keeps four stroking no matter what I do, I'm on my second carburator, filled and drilled the jet and no luck, three differant spark plugs and two spark plug wires and it just won't stop four stroking, I'm gonna try one more thing and if it don't work I'm going to see how well these motors hold up to a 12ga slug.
Thanks for the laugh! That bit about the grand canyon leap made my eyes water. I'm guessing that 12 gauge slug will do it no good. Mine will only hold one spark plug. I'm guessing that three is the problem causing confused sparking.
Seriously, someone here who is smart (not me, for sure) can figure out what's wrong with your Chain Girl. Don't shoot her yet!
Silverbear

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
seriously, i just went really fast. so fast, my eyes were watering, so i had to slow down. i was racing next to some chiropractors/lawyers on harleys, out for their weekend "run." they paced me at 45mph. at least, that's what the guy said when we stopped at the light.

how's that for accuracy...

i spent yesterday porting, polishing, and matching my intake and exhaust ports.

it's amazing how crappy those things line up from the factory.

the performance, smoothness, throttle response, etc... it's like night and day . cuts down a lot of vibration, too. an hour with a dremel tool makes a world of difference. if you want a simple, basically free, way to increase performance, this is it.

i have no idea what my gas mileage is. seems like about 50 miles to the tank.

oh yeah, it's a 66cc Starfire with a 36 tooth sprocket.

sojudave

Oct 18, 2008
austin tx
well if low 20's is too slow, then what might I be missing? I want to keep these kits stock. So really the only things I can think of changing up is the gas mix, the air filter element, and the c-clip. Also, in order to idle, I have to have the screw turned all of the way in. It won't do it any other way.

sojudave

Oct 18, 2008
austin tx
well if low 20's is too slow, then what might I be missing? I want to keep these kits stock. So really the only things I can think of changing up is the gas mix, the air filter element, and the c-clip. Also, in order to idle, I have to have the screw turned all of the way in. It won't do it any other way.
maybe I might have a slight leak on the intake manifold...

chrisme

May 30, 2009
Maine
And a hazardous waste site.

And my bike currently goes 0MPH. Just wait till I get my parts in the mail, I'll be flying past you again though :p