For Old Guys Only

GoldenMotor.com

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Bouy`s

I love the crabs, came down with a bad case of "AID`s but the crab`s ate em, thank goodness!! Now I can ride my MAB again.

Ron
Ron!
So good to see you posting. Been about a year since we've heard from you.
Don't be a stranger. Did you ever do anything with that little two passenger trike?

Tom

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
Tom

The Joy Cycle like you built but mine is dual seater. It rides thru my head , but that is far as it has gotten, but am thinking of powering it with 3.5 hp BS edger motor and may use a Whizzer 16" spoke sheave, bought 3 of the sheaves.

Did design a motor mount for it and trikes driving the left rear wheel that is usually on the pavement and the trike pedals usually drive the right side wheel.

I need to say hi to Snork and David and the other good friends.

Ron

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Ron!!!! Was just wondering where ya got off to, just yesterday. I was looking for a picture and saw a post of yours from 3 yrs ago.

How is the house for battered fish coming along?

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
Dan

Have not used the House Boat as much as desired. Got into a sawmill building frenzy!! whew.

Built a sawmill using a big Husky chainsaw that travels on a 20 foot track that is a few inch`s over 5 foot wide and can handle a 5 foot diameter log and cut boards up to 5 foot wide x 20 foot long.

Several people want me to build more as I sold it on craigslist.

Now have a Swing Blade Sawmill almost finished that will run on the same 5x20 ft track that I kept. The Swing blade Mills are aw sum, they cut lumber smooth like a table saw using a 25 inch diameter blade with 5 carbide cutters. Cut a finished 2x10 in 10 seconds.

When the log is located properly on the track bed is not moved until it is completely sawn up into 1/4 sawn or plain or both.

Mine is most similar to the D&L Sawmill on U Tube, but mine is hydraulic powered back and forth and remote wireless controlled and the girlfriend will stack the lumber if I can find one!! Two men can saw 1000 board foot of finished lumber in "one hour" with good logs.

Mr Lucas from New Zealand invented the Swing Blade Saw Mill in the early 1990`s.

Before finding out about the Swing Mills, designed and bought/made the parts for a few of the chain saw bar/chains mills to be powered by a Vertical shaft Riding Lawn Mower motor.

The bigger Chain Saws are over $1200., could sell a complete mill less the track for a lot less and a lot quieter. The Chain Saw Mill did better than expected and they are great mills. Lots of U Tube vids of homes/cabins etc built with them.

Sorry for the rant, probably banned on my first day back.

The Stretch Cruiser build with 5 hp B&S flathead and belt drive is close to being done, bought the tough Go Kart CVT but may not use it on this build, but do want all belt drive = quiet, clean and smooth. Sold the Whizzer but really liked the feel of the all belt drive.

Ron

Last edited:

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Sorry for jacking your thread Tom! But the older I get the more important birthdays become.
Greg, there's no such thing as 'jacking' this thread. I started in hopes it would go exactly as it has for all these years.
The older one gets, the more he/she has to talk about. Your input is always welcome, appreciated and respected.

Tom

Otero

Feb 1, 2010
wa
KC, I checked out those pics. I really like the 'luxury ride' 3 spd.
with a shift kit, simple & elegant as long as you shift smoothly
so as not to tear up the hub. I'd think it much more hassle free
than a derailleur.
I may yet but an inframe kit. 'Til now they've all been rack mounts.

Last edited:

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Thanks for the thoughts, guys!!

Had to work a split shift today............but, it was also 1/2 year bonus day as well! I guess the 'average' was OK, today.

Just ordered a new header for the car. Had been kicking it around for a while --- the oxygen sensor saga just pushed the idea to 'what the heck, it needs fixin' anyway'.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
KC, I checked out those pics. I really like the 'luxury ride' 3 spd.
with a shift kit, simple & elegant as long as you shift smoothly
so as not to tear up the hub. I'd think it much more hassle free
than a derailleur.
I may yet but an inframe kit. 'Til now they've all been rack mounts.
Thanks Otero, I do prefer internal hubs to derailleur's, other than NuVinche's I haven't seen a an internal fail under motor power yet but I have seen derailleur's fail multiple times though it is usually just the thin chain or misalignment.

As you know chain likes a straight line and with an internal shifter JS kit you get a straight line with fat chain to the back wheel.

Otero

Feb 1, 2010
wa
Precisely my sentiment, KC, a derailleur can seriously jack up
one's jack shaft kit if it gets bent or out of adjustment. Nothing
quite so much fun as locking up at full throttle.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Precisely my sentiment, KC, a derailleur can seriously jack up
one's jack shaft kit if it gets bent or out of adjustment. Nothing
quite so much fun as locking up at full throttle.
I wouldn't call it fun but having the drive chain come off is preferable to it staying on and playing a chain chainsaw biting your leg.

Otero

Feb 1, 2010
wa
Not a concern, these days the attached is my ride of choice.
I spent $10 on gas last month & still have half of it. I've been
pedaling 10 miles for every mile I put on the motored bike, and
I drive only rarely. The bags clip on or together to use on public
transit. It's so cheap here in Washington. I can bus the bike &
ride 180 miles to the Pacific beaches for $5.50, loads of cool trails
When I get there.

Attachments

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
I had been looking for a used 3 drawer filing cabinet for the better part of a year. Finally found a nearly new one at a great price! Don't want it for filing old tax returns --- gonna make an 'improvised' meat smoker outa it!

Bottom drawer will hold the charcoal/wood, middle drawer will hold the liquid container, and the top drawer will hold the meat. Best part is that you just have to open a drawer to access the compartment you want. Hope to have it rigged and ready for a test run in a couple of weeks.........I think it'll do just fine!

Last edited: