FLORIDA LEGAL as of 05/12/2014 via FLHSMV Procedure RS-68

GoldenMotor.com

Da Pedal

Apr 9, 2014
Fortress of Solitude, Florida
So i just got off the phone with the DMS... They told me the law just went into effect in september. He also made it sound like you needed a little more paperwork then what OP had originally thought.

He said you need a Bill of sale with the Name and Address of the seller for Both major components (i.e The Frame and the Motor), included in the Bill of sale must be a description for each of the components. Including the manufacture, size, and the Year it was made. It must have the Identification number of each component, and your full information (name,addr, etc) ON the bill of sale and it must be signed by both individuals .

ALSO, They reserve the right to deny you, if you buy directly from a private seller online and select people on ebay. He went on to say that if the seller on ebay Doesnt have an ebay business set up around either moped, scooter, or something to that degree that they would possibly deny you and your reciept for your motor or frame purchase. He said the reason why is because online private sale reciepts (ebay or other's) dont have all the RS-68 document information in the exact form as i stated above with the signatures and all.

So essentially if your using used or off stored of the shelf parts (Frame or Motor), or dont have those original reciepts verifying that YOU purchased it, then your screwed. When i explained that i bought my motor via classifieds a while back, dont have the original paperwork but that it has all the visable markings of a 50cc, he said no dice and that i could just go buy another one the exact same motor and use that instead ...... granted RS-68 says "when applicable" but to the Tampa DMS they said it either everything or nothing

Good to know Florida is still Florida lol. Everyone else should share their experiences as they unfold

Last edited:

willk

Jul 5, 2013
Florida
Hi guys, just wanted to chime in. I have gone through the inspection process and have my MB street legal with a Florida tag. I can share any information you might need to get your registration process going, and would also like to let you know i have full LED lighting kits available to get you through the inspection process, these include a headlight, tail lights with functioning brake lights,plate light with tag holder attached, a rechargeable 12 volt battery with a home charger ( or opt in for the 12 volt mini gen system ) a horn and controls for everything. The tail lights also have built in turn signals if you decide you want to go that route,it's an extra $15 to wire that in with an electronic LED signal relay. That's an option but is not MANDATORY to pass inspection. The kits start at $146 plus shipping, and are GUARANTEED to pass the Florida DOT inspection. Contact me directly at [email protected]. Please put in the subject header " MB lighting kit " and include your email and phone number. I have tested my kits for over 300 plus miles now and they work excellent. I can pre-wire most of it before shipping, or better yet,if your in the Bradenton/Sarasota area, bring your bike to me and i can wire it up. Happy riding! Get legal!

Attachments

SpecialX

May 1, 2012
Florida
Could you please describe the process you went through to register?

That's what everyone is interested in..

It's all good that you have a kit that you used to help with the process, but just making basically a sales pitch to "chime in", is really not that helpful.

What specifically did you add to the bike?
What problems (if any) did you have with the registration process?
What steps did you have to go through and what information did the DMV in your area want or need from you?
Etc, etc...

Thanks in advance.