GoldenMotor.com

Fulltimer

Aug 13, 2010
Saint Augustine, FL
Okay, the route has been figured out. Here is what we are doing:

SATURDAY 9/03

9:00AM.....Form up at the South Beach Grill on the island in Saint Augustine

10:00AM...Head for Daytona Beach on A1A
Arrival Time...???? Who actually cares! :)
Spend the day touring around Daytona
Spend the night in a motel

SUNDAY

9:00AM Meet at a predetermined location

10:00AM.....return to Saint Augustine via A1A

At this time I need to find out who would be up for this event. The South Beach Grill is open for breakfast and has a good sized parking lot. A plus is that the police station is right next door so any vehicles left over night should be safe.

Terry

Fulltimer

Aug 13, 2010
Saint Augustine, FL
I'm sure others will get on here sometime. I'm working on a press release for the ride so we might even pickup some new people. I was thinking of hitting a bunch of papers along the route plus Jacksonville.

Terry

WayneC

Aug 2, 2009
Clearwater, FL
I would "step up to the plate" but somebody moved the plate over to the east coast! Your route isn't exactly friendly or central to the whole state. But I would think there would be more participants willing from your area. Maybe they're just hiding out in the AC. Oh well, keep us posted on your outing. Even just a couple of guys can still have a good time.

Warning tho: I recall reading a thread about a guy that got a ticket in Daytona or Daytona beach; I can't recall. Ya might want to check municipalities on your route to see their MB laws.

Have fun!

Fulltimer

Aug 13, 2010
Saint Augustine, FL
I have an email out to the police department. Daytona Beach doesn't permit motorized bicycles. But, if you are coming from somewhere else on one your okay. But I wanted the chief of police to send me something. Then I can print it out and take it with us.

Terry

Fulltimer

Aug 13, 2010
Saint Augustine, FL
I heard back from the Chief of the Daytona Beach Police Department. No problems from his department. All we have to do is obey the Florida laws pertaining to riding bicycles.

Terry

Fulltimer

Aug 13, 2010
Saint Augustine, FL
Here is where we will start the ride. The parking lot on the left, just past the little restaurant. The police station is right after the parking lot...good protection for over night parking!

Terry

Last edited:

worksmanFL

May 25, 2010
Palm Coast, FL
Hi Terry,

Sorry to see a lack of interest.

Hows about a Biketoberfest day trip?

Maybe we can meetup at Flagler Beach and ride to Daytona Beach - Main Street.
:)