FL

GoldenMotor.com

James912

Apr 12, 2011
Florida
Sry, about that. We had vehicle problems lastnight. The tranny in our honda van went out yesterday while the mechanic was taking it out for a spin to confirm the tranny was going out on it and he barely made it back to the shop to call and tell us. Then i was gonna go try out my new camera on my motorized bike but was outta gas, so i got on my computer, and could not for the life of me remember what i was going to do(Scan the papers and put the link up). I'll do it tomorrow by noon for certain. Sry about that.

SANGESF

Feb 23, 2009
Lake Worth
Unfortunately, your case won't help...
Yours is not a no info case...

Yours was an "adjudication withheld"...

If you have adjudication withheld you are not "convicted" of the crime although you are still found to be guilty of the crime.

:(

Oh well.

My search continues....

worksmanFL

May 25, 2010
Palm Coast, FL
Unfortunately, your case won't help...
Yours is not a no info case...

Yours was an "adjudication withheld"...

If you have adjudication withheld you are not "convicted" of the crime although you are still found to be guilty of the crime.

:(

Oh well.

My search continues....
Hey Sang,

Chat up at Jeff Arnett, he might have info on a case or two for you.

Good luck.

:)

Arnett Motor Bikes

Apr 23, 2011
Fort Walton Beach, Fl
let me know what you need and i'll see if i have it for you. it's all about sharing and helping out across the state. on another note i am planning on calling my state rep dealing with the florida senate in the next week or so to find out the progress. hopefully in the next month or so i will have a firm answer on our problem the the senate.

SANGESF

Feb 23, 2009
Lake Worth
That's why I asked James for the actual document from the court...

I looked it up and it was an adjudication witheld....
The reason they put that, was so they COULD ticket him again and actually put him through a court appearance again.. They're "tricky" like that. - Ask any lawyer.*
(If I remember correctly, the judge told James not to ride anymore and now you can see why she said that.. So that IF he got stopped again, they could drag him back into court.)

If you can get a court document stating anything OTHER than that... It would work.

You have to understand, I'm working with the head lawyer* for the FLHSMV..
Unless I can give him cases that have it spelled out SPECIFICALLY that a gas bicycle was involved and the driver had no license AND the outcome of the cases SPECIFICALLY state "no information" or "nolo proesequi" or the person won in a jury trial then the lawyer for the DMV won't accept it...

Again what is required is this...

1.) Ticket clearly stating a gas motor bicycle was involved.
2.) Driver had no Driver's License.
3.) Went to court and charges were dropped or case was won.
4.) Court document stating #3 AND states gas bicycle AND/OR NOT a motor vehicle.

EXAMPLES of NOT helpful...

1.) Paula's case.. Had only "Helper motor", and did not have the word "GAS" in the court document.
2.) James' case... Was "adjudication withheld", which allows police/court to ticket him again.

*(When I showed the DMV lawyer (and others) those documents, he/they told me, the documents would not work because of the above stated reasons).

IMO, it's prolly gonna be IMPOSSIBLE to get what is needed, because the "courts"/police are smart enough to leave just enough ambiguity so that they can continue to "harass" us and collect more revenue.. Hey, but that's just my thinking.

Last edited:

James912

Apr 12, 2011
Florida
I stood before a state attourney, not a judge. Second, the attourney said charges dismissed, your free to go. If they give me another ticket, it'll be taken to court and dropped again. I was never told to not ride again or anything close to that. :)

SANGESF

Feb 23, 2009
Lake Worth
Prolly was someone else who was told not to ride...

Can you get a document from the court stating what I need to give to that DMV lawyer?
Would be great if it said something to the effect of..
"Defendant was riding a gas bicycle with a 49cc motor and since it's not considered a motor vehicle, no license is required and the case was dismissed."

THAT would be AWESOME!!!

P.S. Just to let you know, in your case, the disposition is shown as "adjudication witheld", so if you don't get the same ASA, they can bring you into court again..

Last edited:

James912

Apr 12, 2011
Florida
Yeah, that was someone else. They could take me to court but it'll be dropped again. Also, i doubt i could get what u need unless i get pulled over again and given a ticket to go to court again. Which i will do every time i get ticketed. I'll make a few calls and see what i can do. :)

James912

Apr 12, 2011
Florida
ikr? Anytime they don't win, and make money, they'll call it something like what u said it was when u looked it up. The person that was being charged never knows about it. Federal Gov. these days got the nerve to do stuff like that.

SANGESF

Feb 23, 2009
Lake Worth
let me know what you need and i'll see if i have it for you. it's all about sharing and helping out across the state. on another note i am planning on calling my state rep dealing with the florida senate in the next week or so to find out the progress. hopefully in the next month or so i will have a firm answer on our problem the the senate.
You keep sending me the same documents.....

I have paulas no information letter but it says nothing about gas motor...
Paulas ticket is showing up as lewis'.

I need you to get me the correct usable paperwork.

Fugi93

Dec 30, 2011
illinois
I'm looking for a court document with the words, gas helper motor and no drivers license or not a motor vehicle..
I'm trying to show the DMV something from a court and it MUST say somewhere gas and no license or not a motor vehicle.
I'm in contact with their sr. Counsel on something.
Is there a date on these Florida laws that are being discussed? I know the old Illinois law called them Motorized Bicycles and were subject to registration, etc. but in 2010 they changed the law and lowered them to "low speed bicycles" making them exempt from all of that. The law here now reads amazingly similar to that Federal Consumer products department law or whatever it was. Just curious if this is recent FL law or they just never came up to speed on the issue.

SANGESF

Feb 23, 2009
Lake Worth
Um... No. LOL...

EVERY time I get a document that is supposedly helpful, it doesn't have anything on it that says gas, nor does the ticket or court case or none of that..

Apparently, the people who write up the documents, just happen to leave out the important parts.

SANGESF

Feb 23, 2009
Lake Worth
I have a problem tho, now... Because just today (literally just an hour ago) I saw, not one, not two but THREE gas powered bikes.

Bike number #1: Gas Bicycle on sidewalk, under power, going slow, heading "against traffic" (Under power-illegal... on wrong side of sidewalk (cars coming out of driveways don't look where other traffic is going, they look were traffic is coming from, so might not see bike coming from that direction)-dangerous.

Bike number #2: Gas Bicycle on sidewalk, under power, going at least 25 (illegal and pretty dangerous).
(I was in the road and doing 19mph and he passed me up, pretty quickly..)

Bike number #3: Gas TRI-cycle on sidewalk, under power, going about 20 (illegal and extremely dangerous for the pedestrians). P.S. They didn't even have a chain.

So within one hour, I didn't see one of them with a helmet..(I always wear one), they were riding under power on the sidewalk (a big no-no/illegal) and you wonder why a lot of people are against guys on gas bikes.