Fito Modena GT-2 Questions

GoldenMotor.com

waynesdata

Jul 10, 2017
I have questions about the Fito Modena GT-2 Beach Cruiser Bike.

It is advertised as a 26" Mens Beach Cruiser Bike But the wheels are listed as Kenda 24"X3" high profile wide tire. tire diameter: 26". Would a standard 26" wheel work? I am thinking about reusing my mag rims with 2.5" tires.

Do you think a 79cc predator engine will fit into this frame. I searched Google and found a similar build but not sure if it is the same frame.

Attachments

Last edited:

indian22

Dec 31, 2014
Oklahoma
Wayne I built two 2 cycle builds using this frame and it's a durable frame one was steel and the other aluminum. Good riding bikes.

The video looks like the 4 cycle fits well. If that's the motor you're talking about. I mounted both bikes gas tanks behind the saddle...much cleaner look.

Rick C.

indian22

Dec 31, 2014
Oklahoma
Not affiliated with this guy. Wish I knew him before I built my Huffy-Davidson though. Would have been riding sooner. Assembled in Milwaukee, WI.
http://cheatabikes.com/index.html
Yeah Tom that's the same style frame I built my Hybrid on then 5 years & thousands of miles later still solid as ever.

Look at all the fun you had building that Huffy D.

Rick C..

Reactions: Tom from Rubicon

waynesdata

Jul 10, 2017
T'wernt that much fun Rick. I got to rework the whole thing from wheel to wheel to make it right, safe , and reliable.
I'm just glad it didn't kill me before I fix it. Hope my little interjection doesn't bother you Wayne.
Tom
Thank you for your firsthand knowledge. Do you think a normal 26" wheel would fit this bike?

Reactions: Tom from Rubicon

indian22

Dec 31, 2014
Oklahoma
dd
Thank you for your firsthand knowledge. Do you think a normal 26" wheel would fit this bike?
Yes Wayne the 26" wheel and tire fit. I also did away with the Fito 24" x 3" tire and wheels.

Though the Fito comes with 24" diameter wheels the fat 3" tires stand 26" high just like the 26" wheel mounted with a full size cruiser tire, usually 1.95" or up to 2.5"' wide. 26" wheels with 3" tires mounted stand 28" and those won't fit.

Rick C.

Last edited:

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
I noticed that when I changed the fork on my bike frame to one with shocks, I used a 24 inch wheel on the front so the bike was still level. The shocks had just the amount higher by the difference in the wheels height. The fork with the shocks had caliper brakes that were for 24 inch, so I was stuck, but things worked out fine as you see.

What I see with the picture of the frame you are using is that they are disk brakes, so wheel size does not need the bosses for caliper mounts.

Also have seen motorcycles that when different size wheels are used it is the opposite, smaller wheel on the rear wheel and larger on the front.

I expect you are going to keep both 26 size so maybe none of this applies?

Will be watching the build! It does look as though this fame has a good size area to use for mounting the motor.

MT

waynesdata

Jul 10, 2017
I noticed that when I changed the fork on my bike frame to one with shocks, I used a 24 inch wheel on the front so the bike was still level. The shocks had just the amount higher by the difference in the wheels height. The fork with the shocks had caliper brakes that were for 24 inch, so I was stuck, but things worked out fine as you see.

What I see with the picture of the frame you are using is that they are disk brakes, so wheel size does not need the bosses for caliper mounts.

Also have seen motorcycles that when different size wheels are used it is the opposite, smaller wheel on the rear wheel and larger on the front.

I expect you are going to keep both 26 size so maybe none of this applies?

Will be watching the build! It does look as though this fame has a good size area to use for mounting the motor.

MT

What do you think about the stock fork? What made you change it out? The fork looks very cool. Not sure If I will like the feel of a non suspension fork.

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA
I can only legally ride trails and some fire roads that are OHV designated, so eventually I used some other bike parts I had found being thrown out. Without pedals is the way I went which has it designated as off road motorcycle. I have foot pegs I mounted from used Ebay Honda parts The first fork changed to had shocks but not in such good shape. And then I bought used a bike I decided to take the better fork with shocks from it and got it to work on my bikes frame. I also had to use the handle bars from the donor bike as sizes involved in the parts. You have wide width tires that will help cushion the ride some! The angle of the fork I think I heard make some effect too. Note that I did have to do some cutting of the neck of my bike frame and swap some races and cups for the bearings to get the changes to work. The new bike you have may just be fine on where you ride. The disk brakes are a nice touch to the bike you show. Possibly someone with the same frame you got has used a different fork with shocks to swap in, that fits without messing around with a die grinder cutter wheel to the frame. Some way to search this site and elsewhere maybe helpful.

Last edited:

indian22

Dec 31, 2014
Oklahoma
I have questions about the Fito Modena GT-2 Beach Cruiser Bike.

It is advertised as a 26" Mens Beach Cruiser Bike But the wheels are listed as Kenda 24"X3" high profile wide tire. tire diameter: 26". Would a standard 26" wheel work? I am thinking about reusing my mag rims with 2.5" tires.

Do you think a 79cc predator engine will fit into this frame. I searched Google and found a similar build but not sure if it is the same frame.

indian22

Dec 31, 2014
Oklahoma
Let's get back to your original questions. The 26" wheels first. Look at the photos I'm posting all three show a Fito Modena with 26" wheels and 2.5" tires mounted they work. I ride this bike and built it. I built another Fito Modena for my daughter in law and put 26" x 2.00" tires on it & it works as well, One photo I'm posting shows the ORIGINAL Modena fork being used with the 26" wheel and tire. The other 2 photos show the Fito Modena (same bike just a different fork) with a 4 spring fork and it also works with a 26" tire mounted. If you use the same wheels shown on the bike used as your image posted with your user name and they are 26" they will work as well. The answer to your question is "26" tires work". The photos prove it works.

Will the motor you mentioned, the little 79cc Predator work in the Fito Modena frame without major surgery?. I don't know, but the tires & wheels will and do work well!

The Fito Modena is also offered as a single speed bike as well. The bike shown in the photos works really well and pedals smooth too.

Rick C..

Fito Modena 1.jpg
Fito 4 springer.jpg
Fito Modena 4 spring fork.jpg
Amanda's bike.jpg

Last edited:

waynesdata

Jul 10, 2017
This is my progress so far. 26" wheels with 2.5" Maxxis Hookworms fit just fine.
IMG_20191028_153839.jpg

Moved all of the Fito parts to my gas tank frame. The gas tank frame may be a cleaner look.

Copying a sick bike parts kit build found on-line. The kit gives me engine mount, wide pedal crank, frees up my rear wheel to run disc and eliminates the engine side chain tensioner
IMG_2415.jpg

This is my current shopping list

# (AGK) High Flow Air Filter
# (AGK) UNI Air Breather Filter
# (AGK) Manifold for 19mm Carburetor
# (AGK) Carburetor, 19mm
# (AGK) Straight Header
# (AGK) Muffler
# (??) 203mm Disc Brake Kit

(??) 2L Gas Tank
(??) 79cc Transmission 11 22 9

(Harbor Freight)
79cc Recoil Pull Start 4-Stroke 3HP OHV Horizontal Shaft Gas Engine

(Sickbikeparts)
Complete Engine Mounting Kit
Wide pedal crank Kit
Chain Tensioner
415 Chain With Master Link

(Have) Fuel Valve

(Autozone) Fuel Filter
(Autozone) Fuel Line

(Local bike shop) $16.95
Shimano MegaRange freewheel

(Homedepot) $19.91
Black Matte Finish Spray Paint
6 M5-0.8 x 35 mm
6 M5 washer
6 M5 lock washer
Blue Thread locker

(Mbrebel) $93.49
Black Moto Mirror
49cc Motor Engine Sticker Decal
DISC Rotor Spacer 20mm Thick 36.3mm Bore U.S.A.
Throttle Grip Handle Assembly
Throttle Cable

(WheelMaster) $129.00
WHL MAG HY27

(Fitobikes) $409.98
Fito Modena GT-2

Last edited: