First motorized bicycle and its a trike!

GoldenMotor.com

cannonball2

Oct 28, 2010
Colonial Coast USA.
Re: First MB and its a trike!

Wow! That ought to hold it. If this doesnt work out unless I am missimg something, wont the standard pocket bike clutch only assembly fit in place of the gearbox? That would be fairly easy to mod for a direct drive roller. I have seen em for $15 new.

redeyerat

Aug 7, 2011
west side of canada on a rock

She's alive! dance1I haven't gone for a good road test yet, but three laps in the drive way and it held together. Still need to get some sort of front brakes and re route the exhaust. Going to try and use one of my ped front rim for the drum. I do have a feeling that the wheel will not last, so long term i think the 4"-5" hole saw will be the way to go.

redeyerat

Aug 7, 2011

Wow! That ought to hold it. If this doesnt work out unless I am missimg something, wont the standard pocket bike clutch only assembly fit in place of the gearbox? That would be fairly easy to mod for a direct drive roller. I have seen em for $15 new.

I'm not a 100% sure if that clutch assembly will fit. This motor is from one of the mid bikes (cateye). I also have a cag that has the clutch your talking about. All this motor needs is a one piece reed. Compared to the cateye this thing hauls buttocks. I'd like to mount the cag motor on an old girls muscle bike. Can you guys let me know if that's a good idea?

i'll take pics of both bikes tomorrow...

Last edited:

redeyerat

Aug 7, 2011

So i could not wait to completely finish the trike before taking it for a good run. Surprised myself with how fast she actually goes. Not sure how fast but i'd say in 15-20mph, just like you guys said. Must thank you guys again for the help and having a great forum, so a guy like myself can make this happen.
Now that i have the MB bug time to start the next builds, i already have one in the works. And its not this bike...

the muscle bike:

will the top two bars hold a cag motor?
thx

Last edited:

redeyerat

Aug 7, 2011

Here's the trike with the motor. While trying to get good contact with the roller, i would hold the roller and spin the wheel to see if there was any slipping. Nothing would budge!

let me know what you guys think...

Last edited:

wayne z

Dec 5, 2010
louisiana

Looks like it worked out well! I bet it works real good with the cent.clutch and gearbox. Large diameter rollers always give better contact and less slippage.

redeyerat

Aug 7, 2011

exhaust mounted, front brake, rear strap brake hooked up to the grip shift, i can use both brakes with one hand and use the grip shift as a e brake when parked. once i find a better tank i will mount it to the top tubes.