First Build - Monark (2.0)

GoldenMotor.com

Scooterman

Aug 4, 2012
Hills of Beverly
Nicely done! How does she ride?
Dan
Thanks! She rides like a champ; very smooth drive with a #41 chain, machined 40 tooth sprocket and the motor-mounted chain tensioner...top speed's probably around 35 or so, enough to keep up with moderate traffic. The next upgrade with be the front caliper to hydraulic.

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Nice! Very Nice! don't change a thing, well maybe the front brake but if you do use a thicker cable, regular sized cable for drum brakes usually stretch and braking is slushy!
I like though.

Last edited:

Scooterman

Aug 4, 2012
Hills of Beverly
Scooterman, nice first build did you all ready have the bike like it is what year is this and the seat post where do i find one cheers
I bought the bike as-is but I was obliged to change the original 52 (I think) front sprocket for a 27 and upgrade the wheels. I also dyed the seat black, and I believe that's the original seat post. Oh, and an older buddy of mine pegged its age from between 1951 - 1957 or so...anybody else have an idea how old this bike could be?

Last edited:

Scooterman

Aug 4, 2012
Hills of Beverly
Your bike has character, do you have some pics of the tank without the cover?
Thanks
...it's not a great shot but I think you'll get the idea...It's wedged into the frame with 1/8 in rubber strips that we stretched thin over the tank, slid it into place then let go. It's not only in there nice and tight but it's well cushioned as well...the black on the tank is strategically placed industrial strength Velcro...

Attachments

thimmaker

Jan 25, 2008
Bartlett, Illinois
Hey, for you guys that want to build one like it, there's a 52 Monark in the same colors for sale on E-bay at a great price listed under Monark. Bid high though.
Geo.