Felt Red Baron In Phoenix CL

GoldenMotor.com

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
OK. OK. I know were not really suposed to post random CL adds but this looks REALLY nice and its right in my back yard ( Tempe Chandler ) Felt RED BARON for $350 askin. If I had the cash nobody would know about it till I started the build thread :) I figure If I cant have it; it should go to one of us who can save it from a life of boaring pedeling... :-||http://phoenix.craigslist.org/evl/bik/3120027038.html

Harold_B

May 23, 2012
Grand Rapids, MI
Nice! I had tried to grab one of these through a CL listing in Chicago but never rec'd a reply. Good price. I like the 24" wheels too. Felt has a Berm Master tire that is like a fat knobby for the 24" that they don't offer in 26" that would be great on this bike. Not crazy about the Iron Cross motif but that's just me (that's what paint is for). If it were closer to me I'd go for it.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Very cool looking bike but pretty don't mean easy to motorize and it looks like it would be a chore for a no shock coaster brake direct drive bike (tank, rear sprocket, engine mount).
Then again you would look pretty cool riding it and it's local for me as well ;-}

fixedwingp

Jul 2, 2012
Peoria, AZ.
Well gents,
It did get bought. And it's going to get 4stroked in a little while. I flew 8,500 miles back from work to get it. And yes it is cool. My wife thinks I watch too much "American Pickers" on History channel. Now its time to do my homework for power options. It already turns plenty of heads just pedalling through the grocery store parking lot. I will probably at least consult with KC since we are neighbors. I almost gave in and called him to buy "Big Red"

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
You were in Antartica? Congrats on the score! Glad its gonna get a quality 4 stroke. I sugest the full treetment from Phantom Bikes. Their stuff is ment to work togather and I understand they modify the 4G trans for improved reliability. Motor trans kit, wide crank shaft and motor mount you'll be well on your way! Mabey their pipe too. it sounds awsome!

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
KC! Take your camera! Side question. Do / can you put your keyed ignitions on 4 strokes?
Nope, different ignition system but what you CAN do is just a handle bar toggle switch and put it between the motors kill push button switch or even not use the throttles kill button though I love it.

Sick Bikes has them for like $12 and I'ved used a couple for other things.

Fonzz

Oct 8, 2011
Cali
Here is another Felt in my area, an 05 racer, also for $350.
It's been up for a couple of weeks now, I don't know if it's still available but at this time, the ad is still up....
Is this one just as great of a deal as the one that started this thread?

http://fresno.craigslist.org/bik/3145741539.html

I just happened to be in a bike store today and saw a couple Felt cruisers in person for the first time, WOW.

Think I'll go ahead and post the pic and text from the ad so it's still here to see after it's sold...

I have an aluminum framed single speed, Felt cruiser with a lot of character and is just fun and simple to ride. Forged billet aluminum front hub, spring loaded seat, detailed graphics to replicate a race car. Model is the '05 racer. Super fat "thick brick" tires that provide the comfy ride. Havent seen a single other model here in Fresno. I have taken good care of her and she has always been stored inside. Feel free to text with questions. 530-566-XXXX.

Hoze513

Nov 24, 2011
Joliet, illinois
I knew A kid who had a new Felt 05 racer. That I use to babysit. (12) And he sold it for a dollar store headphones, here in Joliet. His mom got it from a scraper, for $20.00. The guy was scraping for metal, decided to also Steal the bike while he was picking up metal from someones yard. I remember when the kid got the bike. It still had tags on it. A month later, I heard the kid complaining about how he didn't like the bike. I ask his mom to sell it to me. The Mom told me, that her kid made a dumb choice and sold it for dollar general store head phones.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
OK. OK. I know were not really suposed to post random CL adds but this looks REALLY nice and its right in my back yard
All good Velodrome and thanks for sharing a find.

It's all about looking out for each other and good finds is one of 'em good deeds.

.flg.

Last edited:

fixedwingp

Jul 2, 2012
Peoria, AZ.
KC, back to the Red Baron,
You said earlier that it looks like it could be a chore to motorize this one, but after looking at what you did on that Felt MP, I was truly inspired!!
I had to return to work overseas, but will get home at the end of the month. Then it will be time to start researching my options to 4stroke this dude right the first time.

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
I knew A kid who had a new Felt 05 racer. That I use to babysit. (12) And he sold it for a dollar store headphones, here in Joliet. His mom got it from a scraper, for $20.00. The guy was scraping for metal, decided to also Steal the bike while he was picking up metal from someones yard. I remember when the kid got the bike. It still had tags on it. A month later, I heard the kid complaining about how he didn't like the bike. I ask his mom to sell it to me. The Mom told me, that her kid made a dumb choice and sold it for dollar general store head phones.
Post partum abortions should be legal everywhere...

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
KC, back to the Red Baron,
You said earlier that it looks like it could be a chore to motorize this one, but after looking at what you did on that Felt MP, I was truly inspired!!
I had to return to work overseas, but will get home at the end of the month. Then it will be time to start researching my options to 4stroke this dude right the first time.
Have a nice trip, I'll be here when you get back.