Felt Racer

GoldenMotor.com

flex man

Feb 24, 2011
Woodland Hills Ca.
new pics

.weld.weldhey Guys
heres more pics the motor mount fabed and welded in. jack shaft mount fabed and welded. rear brake caliper mount fabed and welded. Just need a header brace and a carburator bracket to make it more ridged. Plus need to make a sheild around the cvt.Also made a exaust pipe .I think its going to be loud so if I have time will make a resanator so it will sound more mello. The wheels are from SCSW Dean is making custom wheels for a new line of thumper cruiser bikes with all the trick engineering that dean is known for . It should be awsome .proto type is comming.. My Bike should really move I am thinking about 55mph conservitive est.with proper gearing this bike can probally go about 65mph . But I sure dont want to ride it that fast
I dont have a death wish............FLEX MAN>>>>>>What do you guys think !!!!
Cant wait to ride with Jeff and Scotto.........The Thumper Gang............

Attachments

Last edited:

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
Well you flexed your muscle on that build. You did a good job on it, have you started the motor yet? It looks like you have part of that CVT backwards.

He no longer wants to talk about Morini...lol

agk

Oct 2, 2010
Santa Barbara CA
Well you flexed your muscle on that build. You did a good job on it, have you started the motor yet? It looks like you have part of that CVT backwards.

He no longer wants to talk about Morini...lol
Good observation CCC. Flex, that driven pulley is backwards. Or maybe I have mine on backwards???

flex man

Feb 24, 2011
Woodland Hills Ca.
This bike is all aluminum with the exception of rear axle and parts in the motor and cvt. Other than that 100% T6 6061 alcoa aluminum. Thats why this one took awhile welding aluminum is 100 times harder you only have one shot
and it has to look like stacked nickles..working with steel is what I am use to
so this was a challange. And I am not done yet still need to fab a carb brace and a header brace.. See ya at the races Flex...

flex man

Feb 24, 2011
Woodland Hills Ca.
Well took it for a test ride .OMG it goes about 50 in reverse. just kidding . and
when i originally took the pic with the pulley reversed. I just put the parts on for the pic. I know you have all done it just to see how it would look stand back and admire your work .
And I am pretty pleased with the end result .From start to finish about 2 1/2 weeks. Not to bad from concept to the road .At least I can produce a quality
piece that runs as good as it looks. apart from the pic with the pulley reversed.
so this bike is crazy from a dead stop alittle more than 1/4 throtle and big time wheelie .have to break it in now .with out a speedo on it I know it was going at least 40. went around the block twice cracking it open a couple of times man this bike sounds sweet and when you slow down you totally get eng. braking so it kind of raps on the decelarate. first ride big success. the only down side ran out of gas about half a block from my house. this bike you cant peddle or even push
with out breaking a big sweat... am making a muffler today its a little loud.
also putting on front brake it came in. its a 4 piston hayes stoker ace and a 8 inch shamono ice rotor it has a 2 piston stoker carbon on rear this bike should stop.......Flex,,,,,,,,,,,,.shft.

Last edited:

flex man

Feb 24, 2011
Woodland Hills Ca.
well it pretty close .this bike is very fast almost scary fast..went for a speed run
going about 50 when I felt the belt explode under my leg it was crazy. I hope I am not cranking out to much HP. for it. Made a muffler out of a stainless steel water bottle I got from target. It actually makes more power now it has just the right amount of back pressure. hopefully I get a belt intime for race. and
if I do get one I hope it make it to the main.....Flex...wee.

Attachments

Last edited:

flex man

Feb 24, 2011
Woodland Hills Ca.
Ok the good news is the belt held up. shane went way out of his way to get me a belt on time so big THANKS to AGK for great customer service.....
and the bike held up ok first heat dont know middle of pack got stuck in traffic and bike was rich dropped the neddle and played with the mixture screw the second heat lead first half then easyrider got buy me on his awsome BOXER plus he was just halling ass .then
I thought well if it went that much faster surely I can make it even better for
the main. BIG mistake if it aint broke dont fix it went from 2nd in second heat to 6th in 11 hp. main then tryed to get it back for the unlimited main never did. the front pulley was stuck wide open half way thru the race so I was stuck in the highest gear so I was lugging along but still managed 7th place now I have to fix the torke converter or trash it hopefully shane has a simple fix.
I'll keep my finger crossed..Flex....

bajaracer1

Jul 11, 2012
Encino ca.
hey flex, i have some questions:

how much does your bike shake, due to the engine?

what front suspension do you have? and did you have to modify the bike to make it fit? reason i'm asking is because most cruisers have 1 inch diameter fork and mountain bike forks usually have 1 1/8 diameter fork. so how did you get it to fit? or did you get lucky and find a cruiser with a 1 1/8 dia. fork?

how did you mount the rear disk to the rim?

do you have electric start? looks like there is no plastic cover or pull starter, how do you start it?