EZM problems

GoldenMotor.com

SD moto man

Aug 27, 2011
San Diego
I have an EZM transmission that had the main plate crack near the rear clutch circular cutout, broken bolt in one of the clutch bracket threads, and a crack in the screw hole in the outer clutch bracket. I know there are newer EZMs, so for your reference this one is a 2011 model.

I finally got the broken bolt out of the threads. I went to reassemble the whole thing tonight and I'm running into more problems. Once I finally got it together (such a pain), I noticed the shaft that the clutch and pulley sit on slides side to side through the bearings. It slides about half an inch each way. It's been doing this more and more recently, but now I'm not even sure if I should ride it like this. Also, the bearings don't fit snug into the cutouts anymore, they fall out just from gravity.

I talked with Quenton briefly and he is trying to get me a new outter bracket, but that doesn't solve my cracked plate or the shaft sliding and bearings popping out. The new parts are not very cheap on their website, I think I would rather just buy the whole new EZM than spend $100 on new parts.

Any suggestions or is it just time to upgrade?