Exhaust Oil Dripping

GoldenMotor.com

MM7

Jan 2, 2010
Texas
Hey Everybody &/or Anyone,

I have a motored bike I built using a kit from a dealer online that I have been riding for almost a year now. I'm wondering if anyone else has the trouble/ irritation of oil dripping from the exhaust after shutting down the engine?
I made the mistake of dripping on the wife's carpet and that was real biggie (for her not me). I had to take an old sock and make a "diaper" for the exhaust to even be able to bring the bike inside now. Oh well, that's women for you. ( take a sock and roll up the mate to it, put it inside the first sock & you now have a "China-Girl Diaper")

Any Ideas Guys/Gals?
Matt

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
What oil mix are you running? Any two stroke engine will leave oil residue in the exhaust but the higher the oil content, the more residue you'll get. Shoot for a 32:1 mix. In fact any internal combustion engine, 2 or 4 stroke can and will drip oil occasionally. I'd suggest to keep peace in the family, parking your bike off carpeted surfaces or at least placing a drop cloth of catch pan under it. Even we who use the 100:1 oils see an occasional drip.
Where the wife is concerned...don't push your luck. :)
Tom

MM7

Jan 2, 2010
Texas
Tom,
You are absolutely correct concerning wives!!
I'm running from 25-30:1 using Mobil 1 Synthetic blend

thatsdax

Feb 22, 2008
www.thatsdax.com
My Favorite 2 stroke oil is Valvoline. It is inexpensive and very very good. Since you should never use a Synthetic oil for break in, Valvoline is an excellent choice. Since Valvoline is formulated to burn in the combustion chamber, you will have very little oil residual. But.. The China girl engines are so low in compression, around 6 or 7:1, they do not have as complete a burn as the higher compression racing 2 strokes, some as high as 12:1. Most are 9 and 10: 1. With China girl motors having such low compression rates, it is hard for them to burn all the oil and chances are no matter what oil you use in those motors, there will always be some marking or dripping.. Enjoy the ride...

Down_South

Aug 28, 2008
North Carolina
My Favorite 2 stroke oil is Valvoline. It is inexpensive and very very good. Since you should never use a Synthetic oil for break in, Valvoline is an excellent choice. Since Valvoline is formulated to burn in the combustion chamber, you will have very little oil residual. But.. The China girl engines are so low in compression, around 6 or 7:1, they do not have as complete a burn as the higher compression racing 2 strokes, some as high as 12:1. Most are 9 and 10: 1. With China girl motors having such low compression rates, it is hard for them to burn all the oil and chances are no matter what oil you use in those motors, there will always be some marking or dripping.. Enjoy the ride...
Where can I find Valvoline oil? I've had excellent performance with Valvoline's other oil products. It would be nice to know who stocks it for the 2 strokers around here.