Exhaust can/box muffler?

GoldenMotor.com

Pcain

Apr 30, 2012
Melb Australia
Hi guys,

I've been looking around for a "can" style muffler for these 66cc kits. I don't like the standard exhausts and i'm not too keen on the expansion chambers available online.

I used to be real into gopeds about 10 years ago and ADA racing had these xcans. I'm basically looking for something similar (see below). Almost anything you'd get on your brush cutter or chainsaw for that matter. Any tips on fabricating or even where to start looking for a box I could use?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Exhaust-ADA-Racing-Stalker-Pro-60-Goped-G62PU-Zenoah-/230863958444

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Chris

borntofli

Jul 27, 2012
tx
Cut the stock pipe off and weld on some conduit and bend it around how you like.... The little round mufflers they sell at the hardware store for 6$ work great and sound good....

Tool Maker

Oct 28, 2012
Las Vegas, NV
Pcain

Look for the muffler from a Husquvarna 372 chain saw. That saw was 71cc's but they used the same muffler on the 365 which was 65cc - so the volume should be right for a china girl engine.

Price is less than 20 USD on e-bay. Should be able to get one in OZ for a reasonable price.

You will need to make an adaptor plate to mount it to the china girl. Not hard to do.

Pcain

Apr 30, 2012
Melb Australia
Sorry for the late follow up. I've finished up a building project (houses not bikes) and have some time to get stuck back into the pushies.

Thanks Tool maker. Exactly the response I was after. I just bought one off eBay for $18usd delivered (out of Hong Kong). I'm not sure about this adapter plate business though. Will the bolts not line up? Are there any examples of an adapter plate? I don't have any problem making something up, I'm just not sure how I should attack this mod.

Thanks again for all the responses

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
You can use some big washer with the right size holes for the exaust and then drill holes for bolts. Weld in a chunk of tubeing inbetween (like a piece of handel bar tube) and should work fine................Curt