Ever get a ticket for riding in Idaho. . .

GoldenMotor.com

jburr36

Jul 17, 2008
Idaho
So what we are saying, second hand or not is about the best info you're going to get until someone in this forum gets a ticket. No need to get moody about what has been contributed so far. Our goal is to avoid tickets so if nobody here makes a post about getting a ticket then I think that's good news.

Last edited:

DIANY

Mar 8, 2012
nampa
yes i have gotten pulled over probably 20 times on my bike....usually at night for not having a light...after getting a light i would get pulled for going against traffic....but usually the officers were friendly and seemed to have my safety in mind and that was their concern. never given a ticket. every officer would tell me something different some would say keep it in the road some would say keep it on the sidewalk... some that i needed motorcycle endorsement..insurance and registration..bal bla but NOT ticketed..until FEBRUARY 2012 i got a DWP or failure to purchase...witch is a 200 dollar fine. i havent ever had a licience.the prossucutor said if i got my licence and plead guilty to a "traffic infraction" hed cut the fine in half i declined and requested a time for the judge to hear my case i figure its up to the judges interpretation of the law. hopefully hes a nice guy. i have a perfect record since i dont drive or have a licence and want to keep it that way.

Last edited:

DuctTapedGoat

Dec 20, 2010
Nampa Idaho
Hey - were you riding in Nampa at the time of your ticket? I would be more than happy to assist you in fighting your case, I've been researching Idaho's laws and how they affect motorized bicyclists for a few years now and would love to help a fellow rider. If you were riding in Nampa at the time of the ticket I can almost guarantee you a win. Whenever we meet up I'll bring all the information I have on the statutes. :)

DIANY

Mar 8, 2012
nampa
YES i was riding in nampa. that would be AWESOME. WHEN CAN WE MEET? yeah i was pretty sure that since it CANT be registered at the DMV than its not a MOTOR VEHICLE there for doesn't require a licence, just follow bicycle laws...and use hand signals. =) oh and i had a light at the time of being pulled over it was at nigh so i really don't even know what the initial stop was for. he gave me a ticket and tried to make me lock it up and leave it. instead i quietly peddled away and he was ok with it

DuctTapedGoat

Dec 20, 2010
Nampa Idaho
My schedule is really by the seat of my pants, but I can definitely make some time to get you some hard copies of all the statutes. I can make some time tomorrow evening after work, hit up Moxie Java on Garrity or something and talk about the statutes and your case, and then race out there on Airport Rd a mile or so down from Kings/16th.

CroMagnum

Sep 2, 2011
Los Angeles
yeah i was pretty sure that since it CANT be registered at the DMV than its not a MOTOR VEHICLE there for doesn't require a licence, just follow bicycle laws...

Unfortunately that's not a sound legal argument. In fact, it's generally illegal to operate any type of vehicle on the public roadways unless the DMV allows it, either by exemption or registration. Motor vehicles are registered, bicycles are exempted.

No, I'm not in Idaho. But here in California try and take your pocket bike or Taco 22 minibike into the DMV to get a license plate and they'll turn you down. But if you ride it on the street you'll get a ticket for operating an unlicensed motor vehicle.

Just because they refuse to register it doesn't mean it's ok to ride it. Your only hope is to make sure your MB falls within the Idaho definition of an exempted vehicle like a bicycle.

Why does this sound like Florida all over again? ;)

DIANY

Mar 8, 2012
nampa
geez dont gotta be a Debbie downer whos side are you on? they will not register it why? because its not a motor vehicle? what happens when you tell them you tried to register it? wouldnt you think with the rising gas prices ppl would love these things.....and its NOT about registration anyways...they say i just need a licence...=) witch i dont agree with. because its a BICYCLE!!

DuctTapedGoat

Dec 20, 2010
Nampa Idaho
Lol, this sure won't go the direction FL went, we actually are exempt. We're specifically exempt from registration, which in turn exempts us from insurance (naturally), and Nampa's municipal code does allow for gas motors to be installed on bicycles, which is defined under the definition of "Bicycle" in the code that the officers of this city enforce.

DIANY

Mar 8, 2012
nampa
yeah, what he said lol and by the way what happened in fl? and what state are you in debbie? lol

CroMagnum

Sep 2, 2011
Los Angeles
SORRY but,, shut **** up cro magnum why the **** are you talking about soapbox racing on a motorized bicycle forum? and under the thread..have you gotten a ticket in IDAHO...all the information you have posted does not pertain to the thread how do i report you for stupidity? whoops i mean DEBBIE!! LMFAO i see you live in LA so please stay the **** out of threads specifically pertaining to IDAHO and please stay the **** outa idaho you are a perfect example of why when we see any bad drivers we see we assume they are from cali because cali and idaho are different we dont do 90 on the free way we dont smoke pot like cigaretts..there arent crack bums on every corner so you have no clue about idaho so please leave this thread alone =)

Wow. Some of the people on this forum are totally out to lunch. Are all people in Idaho this rude and belligerent? The reason I posted that story is so you can learn how to fix your problems in Idaho. In other words:

1. Stop arguing with police.

2. Get tickets.

3. Beat them in court.

4. Cops stop hassling you.

I fear my words are falling on deaf ears. DIANY, you are totally incapable of learning, so will forever be stopped and hassled for legally riding your motorized bicycle. Good luck.

DIANY

Mar 8, 2012
nampa
HAHAHAHA once again.... I GOT PULLED OVER!!! y? because he heard a loud engine and assumed it was me. but...I WAS OUT OF GAS and on my way to the gas station pedaling along at night. and I DIDNT ARGUE WITH HIM. he gave me a ticket for not having a light and reflector witch i had. he also slapped me with a "due care" ticket (i am the most cautious, defensive driver on the road) (2ton car vs 50 lb bike?)hahahaha I SHOULD JUST BECOME A JUDGE WITH ALL THE TIME ILL BE SPENDING IN COURT!!!

this thread was made for me

laff