Engine sputters when I'm not giving it gas

GoldenMotor.com

ShaoLeFen

Mar 21, 2009
Boston, MA
Hi, I just installed the motor on my bike, but it's giving me one problem. When I'm going down the road and not using the throttle, like when going down hill, the engine starts sputtering and coughing and if I don't give it at least a little gas it dies. Any way I can fix it?
Thanks!!!
s.

oylavabeer

Jan 9, 2009
Perth Australia
the idle screw is the screw with the spring behind it ,turn it clockwise to raise throttle, the lever on the outher side is the choke, pull up to choke the motor.

Alson

May 16, 2010
Kankakee Illinois
i have the same lroblem, but mine doesent die, when I dont give it throtel it sputters, I moved the c-clip didnt help, I put it back were it was second from top, when I give it throte, it has good pick up and keeps winding, it runs good, but if I let up it sputters, I put a better p,ug in jt, same thing, no idea wate to do, so I leave it alone, oh i got a new carb, oh well

Alson

May 16, 2010
Kankakee Illinois
i have the same lroblem, but mine doesent die, when I dont give it throtel it sputters, I moved the c-clip didnt help, I put it back were it was second from top, when I give it throte, it has good pick up and keeps winding, it runs good, but if I let up it sputters, I put a better p,ug in jt, same thing, no idea .shft.wate to do, so I leave it alone, oh i got a new carb, oh well

Alson

May 16, 2010
Kankakee Illinois
I got a new carb a NT one it runs good but it sputters at idel and when I let up or keep it at a even run. My buddy and I run together, mine is faster about 5 mph faster but still sputters, could the ket be loose, I dont get oil in the air filter, if no one knows I leave it alone, it gives me an idea that it running a little rich, which is not bad for it, oh wellr.ly.