Engine Bogging/ No power

GoldenMotor.com

Matthew Frye

Aug 3, 2018
I'm one of those weird-o guys who run a 100:1 ratio and I don't recommend that to everyone. Your 32:1 is a good place to start and stay if you're using a good grade of air cooled 2 cycle oil.

Is there anyway you could help me with the problem I've been having issues with my 80cc motor it bogs down all the time and if there's any kind of incline or he'll it has no power to even get up it anymore and it's brand new I've only had it for a couple weeks and if I push the clutch in it goes full throttle wide open until I have to hit the kill switch

Matthew Frye

Aug 3, 2018
Is there anyway I can get any help I have a 80cc bicycle motor that bogs down all the times won't go up any kind of inclined and has no power and if I hold the clutch in it starts rubbing all the way up Full Throttle until I have to hit the kill switch

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Is there anyway I can get any help I have a 80cc bicycle motor that bogs down all the times won't go up any kind of inclined and has no power and if I hold the clutch in it starts rubbing all the way up Full Throttle until I have to hit the kill switch
Posting the same question 3 times is annoying. You have an air leak, probably where the carb goes on the intake.. You give no history of your motor or problem.

joeltrain

Jul 4, 2011
Douglasville GA
ok i had a similar symptom that ended up being a carb problem, the clip that pulls the pin up came off, but this carb seems fine.so when it was sitting disengaged it revs fine, responds good. but as soon as you engage the clutch it wants to bogg out like it has no power. nothing that i can tell is binding up on the bike, because it pedals fine but like i said let the clutch all the way out and it doesnt matter what speed im going, what gear, or how much i rev it up it still boggs out and if i let it go it dies. i need some ideas of what it could be. any help will be appreciated.

bike specs:
26" huffy santa fe cruiser
66cc engine from mgm motors cinncinnatti( not grubee)
jackshaft kit from bikeberry
rapid/click shifter
rear disk brakes
front shock forks
double brake lever
cns/nt hybrid carb (carb screws not adjustedright?)
new 32:1 gas/oil mix (maybe i should use more oil?)

please help lol:-||
Try checking your muffler. Many stock mufflers have a catalyst in them which clogs up blow through it like a trumpet if you can't its clogged I took mine to a muffler shop had them cut it out and weld it back together for $20

TylerCO

May 17, 2019
took the tube off and that really didnt do anything. i replaced the spark plug with a fresh, 3 prong spark plug. still didnt really do much for the accelleration. i wonder if i put some higher octane gas in this if it would help it burn better and smoother, has anyone ever tried that? does anyone use mid grade or premium in their bike engines?
Go to the gas station and buy a bottle of octane booster, pour it in your gas tank or gas can, and wait until it works itself through. It will make a big difference. I did it and it worked well for me.