Electric Cycle

GoldenMotor.com

sundarvarier

Feb 20, 2014
Kerala, India
HI All,
I am from Kerala of India, and interested to have an electric bicycle for my own local commute. Does any body know the best manufacuturer / suppliers in Kerala or India from where I can have one ?

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
There's very likely suppliers in Kerala or India, yet if the careful consumer shops around a bit there's far more a selection at better prices then any one localized retailer could provide...

...for example the parts for my last ebike build from at least three different countries ;)

There's a bunch of bikes here in the ebike section, I'd recommend looking at some member's examples to see what you like - odds are they've mentioned where they got the thing, the good & the bad :)

sundarvarier

Feb 20, 2014
Kerala, India
Hi BarelyAWake, Thanks for your comments. Kindly note that I had an extensive search for a conversion kit, but all suppliers are out of India and does not have a delivery point in India. Further the costs are also high. Shall be obliged, if any one, could suggest the most economical kit for converting my cycle to an electrical cycle.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
hi sundarvarier, golden motor sends kits to india, i have the magic pie 3 motor and i am very happy with it, i have put over 11,000 kilometers or 7,000 miles on it and have had no problems. it is a great motor. here is a link to their site, http://goldenmotor.com/ a good electric motorized bicycle kit is going to cost a lot more then a gas powered motor however i think they are worth the extra expense, i use mine to go back and forth to work and with my old gas one constantly needed working on and would make me late for for work. great to have you with us and we look forward to finding out what you get and pictures when done