Easy 3 phase alternator waterproof ac-dc

GoldenMotor.com

Testname111

May 20, 2021
Hello I'd like to show off my 2-stroke brushless alternator :)

I cut a hole in the gear box and removed the original screw then stacked up washers on a longer 8mm 1.00 pitch screw from the hardware store, attached the pulley gear, attached it all with washers and extra bike parts laying around,

These motors are waterproof and dust proof been riding mine with little to no problems after I got the belt aligned to the gears!

Powers my headlight with Max brightness with no batteries while running

OK. So as you can see I put this hobby brushless sensorless 3 wire motor.....3 wire = 3 phase A/C
Witch can me rectified :)

Any brushless sensorless motor should work ;)
(Brushless sensorless motor)

Any 3 phase rectifier up to brushless motors volts should do 24v?
REMINDER any A/c voltage rectified should be half, so a brushless motor that produces 24v A/c (while spinning) should rectify to 12v D/c
(3 phase rectifier)

(USB Buck converter)

You will need a 5mm 20 tooth for the brushless motor shaft and a 8mm 60 tooth for the clutch side gear
(3d printer pulley)

Attachments

Last edited:

Testname111

May 20, 2021
I hope someone cares about my hard work as this has been a project of mine for 2 years in my head that I finally made come true to help people for safety not profit !!!

Reactions: Rexx Shyt

Testname111

May 20, 2021
Had to change my idel a little higher for the 20 tooth gear as a 10 tooth brushless motor gear should be better when I get the chance to buy one
(Need more testing)

Reactions: Rexx Shyt

wrench

Aug 20, 2019
So Cal
I do not give any person consent to use these ideas for money or personal gain....

I think it's very creative and gives a CG M/B the option to have lights when ever the engine is running. A great safety feature for a M/B just like a M/C

However with today's LIon batteries and LED lighting systems, most will just use those.

So don't worry, I don't see anyone copying this in order to sell kits and make a profit

I was just trying to encourage your creative spirit

Testname111

May 20, 2021
How the gear gets installed
Wrench asked

Step 1
Cut a hole in your clutch cover the same size as the small gear (over the gear)

Step 2
Remove stock flat head screw

Step 3
Buy a new bolt from the hardware store approximate length (size and thread - 8mm pitch 1.00)

Step 4
Cut a flat in bolt about half length from the top for the belt pulley gear screw key way ;)

Step 5
Add washers until you get to about the stock 8mm bolt length

Step 6
Place clutch cover on 1st then install bolt as normal with a wrench :)

Enjoy

Attachments

Last edited:

Rexx Shyt

May 9, 2022
Hella cool but way to complicated. An add on coil is way easier and probly just as much cost as I can find them for @ 25-30$.

But good job on the idea. And Wrench is (almost always 99.99% (props to you wrench)) right they will probably copy it somewhere so you might as well make some money on it for all of your hard work even though you don't want to someone is going to and it might as well be you.

Reactions: Testname111

Rexx Shyt

May 9, 2022
I hope someone cares about my hard work as this has been a project of mine for 2 years in my head that I finally made come true to help people for safety not profit !!!

We do and we love your ingenious project. Don't let anything I or anyone else say discourage you from what you do.

Good job brother!

Testname111

May 20, 2021
Ya I dont know where I would start to make money honestly? Do I post an ad in newspapers? I tried invent- help and 1-800 invent? To no prevail I dont know how to function Mutch in the real world, all in my head :)

Testname111

May 20, 2021
I'm going to post a better alternator Mount system after my surgery, with my new build in a month or so ;) <3

Reactions: Mossy

Mossy

May 20, 2022
Great idea I'm still studding everything not Shure if I'm going to use it... But a 12vdc power is very useful for charging usb batteries for long trips off grid

Reactions: Testname111

Testname111

May 20, 2021
OK I switched from belt driven to #25 chain and gears as the rubber belts would melt from excess heat!!!
Ook the new Mount system I'm using is well, as you can see using a old motor Mount for a 2 stroke but sideways to fit The brushless witch is attached in place by a metal hose clamp and zip ties on the other side ( out of hose clamps)

Link to the 5mm #25 chain Small chain puller for the brushless waterproof motor as posted in The begging of this post

Link to the 8mm bore gear (dermal a flat key way for The screw's on the bolt)

Link to the #25 roller chain with 2 chain keys

Link to chain ideler (witch I am not using, might not be necessary)

This all seems to run well as u need to take extra care to have enough washers between gear and case, as rubbing will cause you to not ride if it gets to tight, add another washer

Also not the bolt is 8M pitch 1.0 but I do not know the length but its longer than the bolt posted originally! ^^^ good luck safe battering charging ;)

Attachments

Reactions: Mossy