Drive Sprocket Question

GoldenMotor.com

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
I am looking at 5/8 bore sprockets to use as the drive gear on a 4 stroke. I noticed these say "35 chain". Is that the particular size chain that they accommadate or does it reference something else. Would they work with 415 HD chains and the like?

This is what I am looking at:

http://www.mfgsupply.com/gomini/gom...etsdrive/gominisprocketsdrive58b35/4-472.html

Thanks in advance.
35 chain is 3/8" pitch which is the distance between the rollers.
415, 410, 41 chain is 1/2" pitch so they are not compatible.

zombie68

Mar 17, 2010
Boise,ID
I guess that I will have to find a rear sprocket to use with the #35 chain or find a 5/8 bore drive sprocket that will accommadate the 415 chain.
Do those exist? I have been looking around for info on the web, but haven't found it yet....
I was planning on using the rag joint rear sprocket that came with a kit I bought recently.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
PHP:
I guess that I will have to find a rear sprocket to use with the #35 chain or find a 5/8 bore drive sprocket that will accommadate the 415 chain.
Do those exist? I have been looking around for info on the web, but haven't found it yet....
I was planning on using the rag joint rear sprocket that came with a kit I bought recently.
Use a 41 chain and all these sprockets will work.
41 chain is 1/16" wider between the side links than 415
41 chain is stronger and a better choice than 415

http://www.mfgsupply.com/gomini/gominisprockets/gominisprocketsdrive/gominisprocketsdrive58b40.html

What kit?
What kind of motor, gearbox etc are you using?

zombie68

Mar 17, 2010
Boise,ID
I bought a 2 stroke Flying Horse kit from BikeBerry. The only parts of the kit that I am using are the rear sprocket and the gas tank. I sold off the rest and plan to go DIY.
No gear box, just a centrifugal clutch....probably.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
I bought a 2 stroke Flying Horse kit from BikeBerry. The only parts of the kit that I am using are the rear sprocket and the gas tank. I sold off the rest and plan to go DIY.
No gear box, just a centrifugal clutch....probably.
I presume you are using a motor like a 79 cc Harbor freight.

By gearbox I mean a reduction system and jack shaft like a
EZ Motorbike Q matic or the jack shaft mount from AGK.

Putting a centrifugal clutch on the motor and running the chain
to the rear wheel doesn't work because you don't have enough
gearing reduction and the chain doesn't line up because of the
width of the motor.

Your rear sprocket from the 2 stroke kit will probably be the wrong
size for a 4 stroke build.

All this info is right here.......

Andyinchville1

Manufacturer/Dealer
Dec 26, 2007
Scottsville, VA
Hi MotorBicycleRacing

We can make front sprockets / engine splined sprockets like the pic but I was thinking he just wanted a rear sprocket for #35 chain.

It would be cheaper for him to go w/ the "new" for assembly for $9.

Thanks for clarifying (I guess I left off his last sentence in my brain!.....getting old I guess ;-).

Andrew