Design Logic Bikes 2012 East coast race date

GoldenMotor.com

Lance Portnoff

Mar 22, 2010
pennsylvania
April 14 will be the first 2012 Design Logic Bikes East Coast race at the Sandy Hook Speedway in Street Maryland
the address is
3050 Sandy Hook Road, Street Maryland

www.sandyhookspeedway.com
Gate opens 8 am reg at 830 am
entry fee is $48, full face DOT helmet, elbow pads, knee pads, gloves long sleeve shirts and long pants required. I think they also charge a $5 gate fee as well,

Who's in ??

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
I hope thier is a good turn out. Why should the west coast have all the fun?
I hope to be there but will not be racing.

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Tinsmith and I are planning to come, but won't be racing. I'm probably too old for that anyway and don't have the gear required. I'm looking forward to watching some racing, looking at some bikes and meeting some of you guys from the forum. Should be a good time and what I hope will be the first of many in the future.
SB

silverbear

Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Tinsmith and I arrived at the track this morning just as the racing was getting underway by a number of light motorcycles of around 150cc I'm guessing. Two strokes by the sound of them.

We met up with Lance who was getting his bike ready and went over in some detail how it is setup. Compared to my bikes, which tend to be on the heavy side, Lance's bike is a well engineered light weight, coming in at around 50 to 60 pounds. His engine is a quiet, smooth running 35cc Robin hooked up to a Staton transmission. Smooth as silk. Unlike me, Lance is in to pedaling and pedals as he rides, working together with the engine and changing gears along the way. The gears are for the pedal chain. The frame is custoe made in California and is very well made with beautiful welds Most of the bike is American made and represents a design which has progressed through several builds, getting more refined with each generation. This guy knows what he's doing.

Slowbalt drove all the way from Rhode Island and while checking out his bike blew the engine before getting an opportunity to hit the track. What a bummer. He can explain better than I can what happened, but in a nutshell it ate the ring and locked up. No racing for Slowalt.

Just two racers showed up while Dan and I were there. JbCruisin was due to arrive late, but had not yet come by the time we left. I hope he made it.

Lance was able to put in some laps in between the motorcycle race. Its a nice track in a beautiful setting out in the country. The racing bug bit me and I think Dan, too. I can see us both taking part in the future... not seriously racing,but it would be fun to ride the course. Cheap thrills for old men who never totally grew up.

Racing has to start from somewhere and this was a beginning. No, there wasn't a great turnout, but considering there was only two weeks notice and how busy everyone is at this time of year, I think it was still an important beginning with bigger turnouts in the future. Next fall when I'm back from Minnesota I want to take part. I need to get a full face helmet and pads for knees and elbows in the mean time.

Something that occurred to us today was that this course would e great for a combination race and rally, as the local country roads would make for some great riding.
Pictures are coming up...
SB

silverbear

Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Many thanks to Lance for getting this first event lined up. Next time will see more bikes racing and a time will come when the track is filled up with motor bicycles making the circuit with some of the riders determined to win and others just having a good time.

And a day will come when Slowbalt, Lance, Tinsmith and I will laugh and say, "remember that first time when there were two bikes entered and one blew up before the race even began?" From humble beginnings great things can happen. See you at the next race!
SB

By the way, that's Lance's dog, Buddy, in the van loving it up with Tinsmith.

Attachments