Dellorto SHA 16.16 Choke Cable

GoldenMotor.com

Brent436

Feb 14, 2010
Massachusetts
Hey everyone,

I have a new Dellorto SHA 16.16 and I was just wondering if anyone knows where i could buy a cable and handlebar lever for the choke? Its one of those cable chokes and I made the stupid mistake of assuming it came with the cable and lever for the choke haha. I'm running it with no choke right now but I'm willing to bet I will need the choke when the weather gets colder. Any help is appreciated!

Thanks,
-Brent

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
Not sure exactly about what cable it uses but I've heard of people using anything from a 3 speed thumb shifter to an old 10 speed lever shifter for the choke.

Brent436

Feb 14, 2010
Massachusetts
Ok,sounds like thats along the lines of what I was gonna try. I was thinking of pulling the front derailleur cable and lever off of one of my junk bikes and hooking it up to the choke.

Thanks for the input!

-Brent

Fizzbane

Apr 4, 2010
Canada
while you are working on your carb you might wanna try this excellent air filter mod, since the stock is quite stupid.

MOD:
Dellorto SHA air filter mod - MopedWiki

They used a mesh filter but I used a foam. I have been told foam is better then the mesh. i ended up buying a large one used on a big motorcycle and i simply cut out filters and spray with foam filter stuff, still gives it that stock look but WAY better filtering. I know it sorta suggests running it without the black cover but i keep mine on.

pic1 front of filter,
pic2 back of filter

Attachments