Dellorto sha 16.16 carb with the snake pipe

GoldenMotor.com

graydog8josh

Nov 23, 2012
Starkville,MS
I finally got my sha 16.16 in the mail.
It came with the 82 jet which i figured was too big. I went ahead and checked it out and measured the throttle and venturi? and they are oblong but measured out to be 16mm top to bottom and slightly narrower side to side.

i have my RT carb from dax It had a 70 jet when i was running my snake pipe and it would 4 stroke a bunch at hi hi rpms

I was having real issues wiht my bgf banana pipe mated with a lawnmower muffler and i had ended up taking off the air filter and making just a screen for the intake and i kept this on to do my tuning runs.
Of course i have the arrow motorized cycle snake racing pipe now, that thing is a beast!!

I put in a 76 jet and took off it feels plenty fast but ill let you guys be the judge, maybe i need a little more fuel im not sure if going up 2 mm qualifies jetting up more than 6 sizes, i have a 77 a 78 and an 80, i'm prepared to upjet when i get calmed down from this thing being so fast. I'll do some plug chops when i get to fine tuning it this week.

I can already notice that its not as smooth as the rt carb on idle, sometimes when i get the engine way up at speed and then pull the clutch in, it drops down and then dies. However it revs up way faster. Maybe this has something to do with the fact that the slide is a little different shaped and it is plastic instead of metal. I dont like the stock hardware its all flathead screws, i wish there were some stainless hex screws for the cable entrance, the float bowl and the carb throat.

Last edited: