Dax gp50 9hp wow !!

GoldenMotor.com

breno

Aug 19, 2010
Syd. OZ
like the others have said its not a bright idea to drill thru your frame with this part. motor.
I made a clamp setup for mine and the motor doesn't budge at all it sits very firm and I believe adds further strength overall which is obviously voided by the extra weight and torque this motor provides.
The last chrome moly frame I had only lasted around 15hrs.
It cracked right at the crank... in saying that the frame cost me sfa so it wasn't really what you'd call a loss.
Just goes to show you that even with the clamp mount which involves no drilling or added stress due to being literally just clamped on it will still eventually brake. It probably doesnt help I way 100kgs, but still drilling...umm no way!
Only thing with making up clamps is they are pretty much unique to th bike as all the angles need to be right so the motor can just plonk straight in with full surface area on each contact point and even hugs the tube meaning you need to have the right size tube to cut in half or however you wanna do it.
To make them properly it will take hours and I personally would not see it feesable to even bother making up brackets for anyone other than my own.

SpeedWizzard

Mar 9, 2012
Australia
Yeah I guess that's completely true. I'm mounting one into a Felt QX65 aluminium frame, and that's being bolted on using the above method I described before. I was thinking that with clamp on mounts but the problem is that as you stated, it's almost impossible ti make them as a universal mount for any bike. Before this I rode a fully modded china HT on the same brand and model of frame. It was ported like crazy, home made ignition system, fabbed pipe, delorto 21mm carb, fabbed head the list goes on.. I know it's not much compared to the 12hp morini I plan to put on this bike but it had bolt on mounts as well (stock cracked and broke when I starting modding) and iv'e been lifting weights for 6 years now so i'm almost 89kg. The point being that the frame never cracked or showed any signs of stress ever. it was retired when I was t-boned by a drunk driver and it broke in half.

breno

Aug 19, 2010
Syd. OZ
Are you in Sydney?
The ktm50 replica will do the job mate.. seriously they scream when setup right.
Make sure ya don't go too far without getting urself a hd rear rim. Back off all the spokes and locktite them like every 3 months and it'll last forever.. well long enough. These motors put out way more than wat ur china donk ever put out (no offense). Make sure ya use the 56 tooth sprocket you'll have to redrill it to 6 holes though, no biggy. George from mbb in arndell park has the motors and every spare part we need for these motors too which is handy.

SpeedWizzard

Mar 9, 2012
Australia
I live in perth.
I probably would've brought the KTM50 clone if I hadn't already gone out and spent the extra $$ on a Morini S6-C. And none taken at all, the china pieces-o-crap could never stand up to these beasts. Even as modded as possible to the point where it almost isn't a chine girl anymore, I still only ever managed to get 4.13hp down at the rear wheel according to a dyno. that was only enough to get me to around 80kph on the flat but you had to revvv the crap out of it to get there :). based on a personal death wish go as fast as possible i'm gonna try sticking with the original 44t sprocket that I had and hope to reach idk, around the 135kph mark? spare parts for the motor aren't too much of a problem, I have just about every automated machine possible to fabricate them where I work, only a matter of putting it into the cpu and buying a block of the material. and are yot talking about george from mbbimports? I brought my first china kit from him and many spare parts, and always recommended him to other people, great guy to deal with. I doubt he would remember me at all but tell him Aaron said thanks next time you see him.

breno

Aug 19, 2010
Syd. OZ
I'll pass the MSG on to him Aaron.
Your a nut wantin to go that quick on a pushy but yeh I share that same kinda death wish too LOL. I don't have the same tools at my work as u just a mill, lathe and other bits n bobs but most of all I have ****e loads of time to bludge hehe

breno

Aug 19, 2010
Syd. OZ
Yeh me too but I particularly get most of my free time at work. LOL
I'm a sparky + fitter that does maintenance in an automated plant do I only have to do something when something when something breaks the rest of the time is downtime/bludgetime love it. Usually just kill time making random junk for the sake of it

SpeedWizzard

Mar 9, 2012
Australia
Yeah I know what ya mean, I work in the linear technology's section at Cape Bouvard investments, I only have to come in every second day or so and for a short while at that and for great pay. like yesterday, I got so bored that I ended up blowing up every old battery I could find in the house with a 24v car charger. and the other day, I just watched my china bike run for like 2 hours straight with a fan blowing on it to cool it for no reason at all. One thing u gotta do with spare time, make a spud cannon :D, so much fun.

breno

Aug 19, 2010
Syd. OZ
Already made 1 haha there wicked aye.. I actually just stuffed the clicker the other day though so off to the barbeque section in bunnings for a new one :)

SpeedWizzard

Mar 9, 2012
Australia
yeah bummer, they either rust or just stop working within the month :( and they're like 7 bucks to replace. next time though, try a lemon slightly bigger than the barrel, use WD-40 or CRC and spray down the barrel, then shove the lemon down, gives one **** of a bange and goes for ageees

SpeedWizzard

Mar 9, 2012
Australia
G'day from Oz aswell mate, you can only order them from the website i think, shipping might be a bit steep though. http://thatsdax.com/ is where you get them from im pretty sure, but really if if price isn't too much of a problem (it shouldnt be if your going with this much power) i would go for a morini any day.
Thanks

leroybrown25

Jan 5, 2013
Karratha (Oz)
Thanks breno!! I spent hours looking for one in Oz, especially on ebay.

Money's not an issue at all. I am willing to spend whatevers necessary to get me the best bike motor setup around, because I lost my licence for life a few years ago (my bad) and I'm right at my breaking point.

My only restriction would be that it look reasonably modest in order not to attract too much attention from the local boys in blue. I live in a small town and avoiding them completely is wishful thinking. The only regulation here in WA on PAPC's is that it's power output be no more than 200 watts. I can't imagine the cops having a dyno to check, but a monstrosity of an engine won't help my cause.

So after a fairly extensive search, this motor appears to have the best power output for it's physical size. Would that be a fair statement guys?

As for getting myself a genuine Morini engine.....
1- They're as rare as hens teeth
2- Are they really much better than a clone?

Really appreciate your advice guys, Cheers!

SpeedWizzard

Mar 9, 2012
Australia
Well the Morini's are about the same size as the clones, watercooled or not, i live in perth WA and the "pigs" here are pretty stuck and arrogant at times, and to put thing into perspective 200 watts is about 1/4hp so my current build with a morini S6-C is about 48 ties the legal limit... if your trying not to be noticed, it doesnt really matter too much what your bike looks like to a certain point but more the way you act on it and towards the police, if your driving around like an idiot cutting off cars, going over the speed limit its pretty hard for them not to notice you, most of the time if your doing the right thing they just want to get a better look at your bike, dont act like your in trouble, say its 190 watts in power with absolute confidence and if they ask explain your ride, show a bit of pride and just generally be nice, if they are just being dicks then just be polite, respectful and dont act like you have to be somewhere in a hurry. Personally if you have the machine skills to make the mounts i would definitely go with the morini S6-C any day, high power output, you can rev the daylights out of them and they only get stronger :)
and i'm pretty sure it's just the S6-S that are hard to find, hope this helps.

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
Let me put it this way. You dont even want to drill the frame to mount a china girl. Plenty of people have cracked their frames drilling to mount those. To think any frame could handle the power of a morini (or clone) with drill through the frame motor mounts is insane. If you dont listen to us, and drill through the frame to mount that ktm, it will end in your serious injury or death.

SpeedWizzard

Mar 9, 2012
Australia
bbb is right, i made that mistake when i was first designing my mounts. thought i would be smart and get away with drilling into aluminium..... boy was i wrong. after mounting and checking everything, a short ride proved to be almost fatal. be careful it's worth the time and effort.

Sambino

May 12, 2011
Washington (USA)
I got myself a GP50R from dax the other day, and I am absolutely stumped by part of the carb.
It appears to have three fuel inlets, one facing up, and the other two pointing down.
Do I have to make a splitter for my fuel line? Just put fuel in the one pointing up? Put something else in the other two?
Any help would be great, thanks!

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
I'm betting the one pointing up is the fuel inlet and the two pointing down are vents. Best thing you can do with those is attach a short piece of rubber fuel hose to make the path to the carb longer. Keeps dust from being sucked into the carb.