Cvt Rack Mount

GoldenMotor.com

thirstybike

Jan 11, 2010
Augusta, Ga
Thanks! I'm probably going to use a BMX freewheel for the peddle drive but was looking for a freewheel to bolt a 52-72 tooth sprocket onto for the engine drive. I want to do the dual right side drive like neat times.

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
Break All, That Was A Yr Ago, I Think I Typed "scooter Free Wheel Adapter" In The Ebay Search Engine, Around 10 Bucks. They Are 4 Hole , Used 8mm Chain And Sprocket`s. Sbp Has 5 Hole Adapters & Sprockets For 1/2" Bmx Chain, If You Can Find The Rite Sprocket For The Tranny. Dax Has Them For 5 Bucks, 10 Tooth With The Correct Spline But No Hub. He Has The Good One With His Kits, Mite Have An Extra One To Sell You. Ron

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
Ps, I Must Have Been On Page 12??? I Did Not Think Sbp Has The Tranny Sprocket. It Is Difficult To Find Them With Id Splines. Most Of The Pocket Bike Tranny`s Have The Same Spline. Sbp 10 tooth sprockets will not work on cvt tranny. RON

Last edited:

thirstybike

Jan 11, 2010
Augusta, Ga
Sorry, I meant for the engine to drive. The big sprocket attached to the hub. Man Neat times you have been a HUGE help! Thanks alot man. I'll post some pictures of my build when I'm finished!

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
breaksalltherules, are you using 2 free wheel bearings on the back wheel like my build?? did you notice, if you turn them over it reverse`s the rachet? if you have the two on the rear wheel there is no need for one on the pedal crank. maybe i `m mis understanding. post pic of what you have now if pos. ron .cvlt1

thirstybike

Jan 11, 2010
Augusta, Ga
I'm glad you are willing to resurrect an old thread because it is exactly what I need.

Well right now I'm trying to figure out exactly what I need to work this how I want it before I order a bunch of parts and find out some of them don't work. Working on a pretty tight budget because hours at work have been scaled back. I want to work my CVT hub just like yours with the dual right side drive. I was hoping that the HD front freewheel from sickbikeparts would work but it might not be the right size for the back. I called the other day and left a message about it. What do you think? I like the one from there because it's heavy duty but if it doesn't work, it doesn't work.

Also I checked this out Freewheel. Wheel Sprocket (Electric) but I don't now if it would work for the Bbkit setup like yours. Is this like the one you used?

thirstybike

Jan 11, 2010
Augusta, Ga
Also did you use the hub from boygofast or did you use a HD hub from bicycle-engines.com? I was thinking about using the one from bicycle-engines.com because I like the sound of heavy duty!

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
If You Want To Use A Internal Multi Speed Hub With The Cvt (or With The 5.1 Ratio Gear Box) You Could Use The Hub Sprocket Tooth Notches For Bolt Holes. Put A Pedal Sprocket On First (it Needs To Be Just Larger Enough For The Chain To Clear The Bolts) Then Space The Large Sprocket About 1/4 Inch Away = Bolt The 3 Sprockets Together. Then You Need Freewheel Cranks, Free Wheel Adapter And Large Sprocket From Sbp for pedaling. If You Have The Large Style Bottom Bracket, You Will Need The Adapter And Shaft. Ron

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
John, I don`t know what set up u are trying to build. The two cvt bikes i have are shown in detail if you read thru the thread. Will answer any questions if i can. good luck with your build. Ron

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
Dan, howdy, have been thinking about you and Shelly Motors. was about to send you a pm. Still watching in the sky!! ha ha. Thanks for the kind words as always. It was finally nice enough to ride, but the Daytona track had to be fixed!! Carl should have stayed in line, some times you just can`t have it all. later my friend, Ron

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Ron! 45 here in the great white north today an' sunny! wohooo! bike ride time. On a new 2 smoker build on an old Haro MTB. really fun lil MB. built it for my nephews and just breaking her in. Forgot how much fun the chinagirls are. This is the only 2 stroke I have ever mounted that does not leak, drip or weep. LOL, some thing must be wrong.

Gonna go ride to the park, chain smoke and have a cold one. In the great words of Homer Simpson; "Emmmmm, beeeer" snork.

fly up and join me?

usflg

jcchappy

Aug 18, 2009
antlers, ok.
Some pic`s of diy titan shifter, works great, no problems. Ron
How does this setup perform? I have several full suspension mountain bikes and was thinking of something like this. PM if needed. Thanks I see you can use all the rear gears like a shift kit. we used a little two stroke friction drive and I didnt care for it much. does this setup give you more torque through the gears rather than friction drive?