Constant flat tires!

GoldenMotor.com

Tom from Rubicon

Apr 4, 2016
Rubicon, Wisconsin
I've gotten two flats in three days am I putting too much air? it's always the back tire too.....it's says 40 psi but considering these raggedy ass streets in Chicago maybe I should put less ..first flat there wasn't any holes but this time it did puncture .....starting to wonder if I just can't ride a motorized bike with so many messed streets
William, use the max pressure your tire is rated for. The ride will stiffen, but the side walls will not squirm which generates heat softening the inner tube causing tube failure. That is why tubeless tires are so reliable. Your chain stretch can be as you suggest drawing the axle back. At some point you will have to remove a chain link. Even the best chain will stretch.
It's called " Ride and Wrench".
" These raggedy ass streets in Chicago"
I know them well.
Except the Magnificent Mile and towards the Lake.
The streets get little love.
Tom from Rubicon,WI

Hickory Hill

May 13, 2019
Santa Fe
I'm tired.... sick n' tired, I tell you! I've bought in excess of 20 tubes now in about a year of riding this bicycle, should I invest in thorn resistant tubes? Do they work in your experience? What about tube liners?

BTW, 'Bell' brand tires SUCK!!:-||
Find some slat blinds that are trash... take some slates, line your tire... roll some electrical tape on your inner rime where the spoke ends are... invest in shwalbe tires...

Reactions: Tom from Rubicon

Tom from Rubicon

Apr 4, 2016
Rubicon, Wisconsin
Steel armored tires. Hickory how do they work for you?
Years ago I did a wild boar archery hunt in Montour Iowa.
They trees shedding 2" thorn clusters. My hunting partner stepped on one. He was hopping around and had to hold my shoulder while I cleared a space on the forest floor so he get pinned in the you know where. Spine broke off so when I removed his boot I then had to remove a half inch spine from his foot. My fanny pack always carried a aide kit so he was good to go.
Tom

Hickory Hill

May 13, 2019
Santa Fe
Steel armored tires. Hickory how do they work for you?
Years ago I did a wild boar archery hunt in Montour Iowa.
They trees shedding 2" thorn clusters. My hunting partner stepped on one. He was hopping around and had to hold my shoulder while I cleared a space on the forest floor so he get pinned in the you know where. Spine broke off so when I removed his boot I then had to remove a half inch spine from his foot. My fanny pack always carried a aide kit so he was good to go.
Tom
The slats work well... just need to form it with electrical tape...lol.
Ive recently upgraded to the 26×2.25 shwalbe fat frank tire in the rear & running a 700 x 38 front... i feel like fonzie now on my cruiser!

lewdog7431

Feb 13, 2019
SLIME my brother, the **** works real talk, the main thing with this **** is that you halfto pull the thorns out of the tire and let the slime do its job and plug the ******* holes, or else its worthless good luck

lewdog7431

Feb 13, 2019
Also my motor chain is loose I keep hearing it suppose to stretch...well if so I dnt like the looseness of it ...how do I tighten it or is it as simple as pulling the tire back further ?
Bro buy your self a spring loaded tensioner