CNS v3 carb vents

GoldenMotor.com

PAracer

Sep 14, 2012
Steelton, PA
I'm sure if I searched for an hour, I could find notes buried in a thread about this topic. But I wanted to ask up front about this one.

What should I do with the three vents on the outside of this carb? There is one on the bottom (bowl drain?). There are two on the top facing upward.

What should be done with these? Plug them? Route them somewhere specific? Stick little American flags in them?

TIA!
Mike

nightcruiser

Mar 25, 2011
USA
I don't have a CNS V3 (I have V2), but I'm pretty sure you should just leave them open. On my V2 one of the hoses goes into the air filter, people have done various things with that tube, block it, pull it out of the air filter, mine runs best if I leave it under the air filter. The hose from the bottom should be the overflow, definitely leave that one open. The V2 only has two hoses, so I cant really comment on the third, but again, I think leaving them all open is what is intended...

PS The drain should be that one screw that is at the bottom of the bowl, my V2 doesnt have a hose for the drain, it just comes out the screw hole when you loosen/remove the screw.

JonnyR

May 13, 2012
ronkonkoma, new york
the two sticking upon the right side are vents and they need to be left on to keep dirt out the one on the left on the bottom is a drain the best thing is to zip tie all of them up.

then stick little flags in them:)