Clutch throw out pin

GoldenMotor.com

sisdavid

Mar 31, 2008
Daytona Beach
Anyone have the clutch throw out rod thing. The round rod with the flat side. Not the entire arm, just the part that pushes in the clutch sprocket thing.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
If you can't find one see if one of the members won't measure it for you. It's nothing but a chunk of steel. I would do it but I don't have a micrometer. You do still have the ball bearing that is behind it don't you?

sisdavid

Mar 31, 2008
Daytona Beach
That is not the part I need. I am talking about the round rod that the clutch arm connects to. I did not know there was a ball bearing behind the metal rod.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
The one I was thinking of is more or less an extension rod. It is about an inch long and comes right out of the clutch assembly. there is no retainer of any kind on it. Between that rod which allows the clutch lever to push the clutch mechanism and engage there is a free ball bearing. I am always warned to be careful not to lose it. So maybe you add send a picture of the part you need.

sisdavid

Mar 31, 2008
Daytona Beach
Wow, thanks for all the help, but I found it on the side of the road, lucky! I also found someones motor mount for a Ford V8, and I thought I had problems.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Heck I lost a kick stand somewhere between my house and the marina. If anyone finds it there is a thank you but no reward...