clutch question....

GoldenMotor.com

fall_down_stand_up

Apr 26, 2009
granbury
I am having a problem with my clutch when I go to start it....I get up to about 8 mph and dump the clutch and it acts like it is slipping slightly or tire wants to slide like it is hanging or something,well anyways when i get down to about 3 to 4mph the engine will start to turn over and fire up,other times the engine will engage at the 10mph or higher when im pedeling....The clutch lever is not hard to pull in and it doesnt slip going down the road....Also I have been having carb problems and It is running rich and I noticed that the exaust smoke was also rolling out the clutch cover on the sprocket side,is this normal?What do I have to do to adjust the clutch?

matt167

May 20, 2009
usa
sounds like you'v got a seal leaking oil into your clutch.... pull the clutch cover and see if it's oily. if it is, shoot some brake cleaner in there and clean it up... then ride the clutch a little to clean all the oil out of the clutch. this will also warm it up and make it grip .. I don't know the fix, other than it's a seal problem... but I'v got a very similar problem, except sometimes my clutch slips bad enough I can't even get it started. and have to walk the bike fast to get it started ( no weight to override the clutch, and the engine will kick over )... not sure what I'm going to do yet.. been busy with other stuff than fix it.. but I may just toss a replacement engine at it and keep this 1 as a spare

Last edited: