Clutch froze up on first attempt of riding

GoldenMotor.com

Porkyj17

Jul 2, 2018
That lil pin or bar that sticks out so clutch can push in is now sticking out to far. How do I fix this issue. Thanx in advance if you can help

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
sounds like you're referring to the bucking bar where clutch arm pushes - how much sticks out is controlled by the flower nut on other side

did your flower nut come off or get too loose?

Reactions: Rockman

Porkyj17

Jul 2, 2018
sounds like you're referring to the bucking bar where clutch arm pushes - how much sticks out is controlled by the flower nut on other side

did your flower nut come off or get too loose?
No, flower nut did not come off. We only have flower nut on hand tight so that should not be a problem I'd think. But I am new to this. Any other idea's? Thanx

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
tightening flower nut will pull that bar toward the clutch - GENTLY tightening the cover on left about 1/2 turn on each bolt until cover is tight will push rod in loosening flower nut more

Reactions: Rockman

Porkyj17

Jul 2, 2018
tightening flower nut will pull that bar toward the clutch - GENTLY tightening the cover on left about 1/2 turn on each bolt until cover is tight will push rod in loosening flower nut more
Ok, thank you so much. You don't know how many you tube videos I've watched, and none mention anything like that there. If you have a you tube channel also you should make lil video bout this.. And one more lil question. I've got a second bike with motor and on that one the chain is getting froze up due too it's rubbing the inside of clutch arm cover. Is it ok to grind out that lil piece so it won't be stopped bye that anymore

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
yes, I usually take a hacksaw and cut about 1/2 inch down on either side of rubbed area, then grab that piece with pliers and just break it out

the biggest problem with vids is that they show only one solution for one kind of problem - these are simple motors, but problems can look similar but have very diff solutions

Porkyj17

Jul 2, 2018
yes, I usually take a hacksaw and cut about 1/2 inch down on either side of rubbed area, then grab that piece with pliers and just break it out

the biggest problem with vids is that they show only one solution for one kind of problem - these are simple motors, but problems can look similar but have very diff solutions
Ya, rite o.k., I get what your saying. Thank you so much for the help today. I'm prob gonna work on this after work. I let you know if all worked out out you want me too.