!! Check out my awesome new....

GoldenMotor.com

nidyanazo

May 25, 2010
SoCal
.... Tank!

It's a N.O.S. from Italy, finally found the one I was looking for! Took damn long enough, phew.

As you can see it's just primered, and resting on the frame not yet mounted.

nidyanazo

May 25, 2010
SoCal
Yes that is the tank I used, unfortunately the guy who sells them never answered the phone or called me back after I phoned him about the condition of the tank. Full of grit and grime inside. No good.
Took alot of cleaning.

nidyanazo

May 25, 2010
SoCal
But, the title of this thread is check out my awesome new......tank.

dance1
Yes it's awesome looking. From the outside. I was disappointed with the inside being full of grit and grime and whatnot. The engine on the street sprinter costs $1,300 so I don't want any trash getting in there and scratching the cylinder.. This tank required a through cleaning, and looks like it may need to be internally coated.

Is that you Eric? You're advertising Imperial Cycles in my thread so I'm guessing it is. Too bad you never called me back, if you had, and just said sorry, I would have been fine with cleaning it and never wrote this.

Oh well.

slump

Mar 21, 2009
san jose
Yes, this is Eric.The last conversation I had with you Aydin was the email I sent to you asking for pictures of your continued project because we get excited for our customers and want to see the projects they build, and we also said how we would post it on our blog and facebook to show how well it was coming out. We never got a reply back. We never got a phone call or email. So, when I saw this post and saw a picture of the tank on the bike and saw the response of how happy you are with the tank. I naturally thought it would be cool to advertise. But, now you say it has grime, and oil and rust I guess all I can say is be consistent. We just want to share this continued passion we have for building motorized bicycles and want to see what creations people build.

Here is a link of one of our customers from Las Vegas who bought a tank from us we posted his bike on our site because we thought it came out sick. Thats what we love to see:

Imperial Cycles: Peanut Tank to customer in Las Vegas

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
...I naturally thought it would be cool to advertise...

While I'll be the first to point out that fuel tanks are renowned for needing to be cleaned thoroughly before installation and use as it's not uncommon for even the nicest of new, unused tanks to have quite a lot of debris, even rust in them - I'd like to point out that we do ask of any that would self promote & advertise to keep it in Swap And Shop else you run the risk of being considered a spammer - as per rule 4 to be found here: http://motorbicycling.com/f21/please-read-these-simple-rules-2.html.

I don't mean to sound harsh - but some of the reasons we do this is to help keep topics on track and to protect our members from excessive promotion, in fact it's far better for those whom wish to sell something to put it where people look when they wish to buy something lol ;)

You can ofc put a link to your website in your sig - but posts consisting of nothing other than an attempt to advertise really do need to be confined to the proper section.

Last edited:

slump

Mar 21, 2009
san jose
While I'll be the first to point out that fuel tanks are renowned for needing to be cleaned thoroughly before installation and use as it's not uncommon for even the nicest of new, unused tanks to have quite a lot of debris, even rust in them - I'd like to point out that we do ask of any that would self promote & advertise to keep it in Swap And Shop else you run the risk of being considered a spammer - as per rule 4 to be found here: http://motorbicycling.com/f21/please-read-these-simple-rules-2.html.

I don't mean to sound harsh - but some of the reasons we do this is to help keep topics on track and to protect our members from excessive promotion, in fact it's far better for those whom wish to sell something to put it where people look when they wish to buy something lol ;)

You can ofc put a link to your website in your sig - but posts consisting of nothing other than an attempt to advertise really do need to be confined to the proper section.

Its not harsh just reality of this site. I felt it was on track on the topic but I can keep it on the swap and trade sections, and I don't want cause spam. I just thought it would be good info for people to know since the customer seemed happy about the product.
.flg.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Absolutely - which is why it was but a friendly reminder to all instead of having the post removed or moved ;)