Chat Box Etiquette

GoldenMotor.com

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Over that last couple of days I've seen a few questionable entries into the chat box. I know the Mods have seen it too and have given warnings to the individuals responsible both in the chat and by PM. It should be stressed here that this website is a family forum and is no place for semi-nudity and suggestive animations. Wives, Girlfriends,Children, Grandchildren visit this site and there is no excuse for them being forced to see the kind of crappola that has been seen here lately. My suggestion is for all memebers to watch for this and to admonish the perpetrators if you see it happening.
Tom

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I don't come in very often these days and seldom do more than update some of my ramblings. I always have mixed feelings when this comes up. I like to think that I am a writer, so I'm generally against any kind of censorship. That said this isn't a novel that people actually have to choose. The live content is pressed upon people. A post might be seen by a few people before the mods delete it, and I suppose that is also true of chat posts.

I post with much less colorful language than I would on a literary site, so I guess I have chosen to go along with the family friendly rules on the forum. It's kinda like a job there are rules and they need to be obeyed. If you can't follow the rules you should look for a different job er sorry forum.

The forum is about bikes, not naked women.... Not even if they are on a bike.

Saddletramp1200

Custom MB Buiilder
May 7, 2008
Houston, Texas
I agree with you both. I would like to add to whats been said by saying, as a Grand Father, I tryed to teach my kids well. We are world wide now and everyones values are not the same. If you don't know what your kids are doing, find out! Thats a parents primary job. Most of our members are way above average :) If I see dog poo in my way I step around it. (c)

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
FO'SHO'!

This is a motorized bike site, not a girl riding a pony site.

Keep the crap off the chat and out of the posts.

You wouldn't want someone to come in and hang up unwanted posters in your shop would you?

chrisme

May 30, 2009
Maine
FO'SHO'!

This is a motorized bike site, not a girl riding a pony site.

Keep the crap off the chat and out of the posts.

You wouldn't want someone to come in and hang up unwanted posters in your shop would you?
Heh, I had no issue with that animatmion....:) But I know better not to go post things like that :)

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Heh, I had no issue with that animatmion....:) But I know better not to go post things like that :)
Just so you don't think I'm being fuddy-duddy here I should say that there was more than the girl on the electric pony. In fact the pony girl was tame compared with the others. None of it had a place here.
Tom

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
a lot of you know that i had my grandkids help pick the colors for the site. they looked at all the banners for the top of the forum and helped decide which they like best. they are both very proud that they helped papa with his bicycle site so needless to say they are on here all the time looking and showing thier little friends the cool site they helped papa make. keep this in mind next time you think about putting up post like that please.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I'm bringing this thread back to life because what prompted it in the first place is back again. The chat board is here for your entertainment and to pass on help and information about motorized bicycles. It is not a bar room or a school playground. If you can't act responsibily and use the board as it was intended, stay off of it. This is no place for arguments, profanity, nudity or sexual innuendo. The chat board was provided for you to enjoy, not to abuse. It can be eliminated with a key stroke and that idea has been discussed by the site administrator (owner) and moderators. If you wish for the chat box to remain we ask that when you see abuse to report it to a moderator immediately and to take it upon yourselves to admonish the abusers. If you have a problem or a comment about this feel free to PM me or any of the other mods.
Tom

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
If you need the names of some chat sites where you can show your true self let me know. I can probably find you one or two... But beware of the chat bots.....

Technocyclist

Motorized Bicycle Senior Technologist
Jul 7, 2008
Asia
I've seen those things on the chat box, and I was a bit surprised it was allowed. But I guess in almost other websites and forums, you can find some of those things. I thought those kind of things was tolerated here. And I agree, it should'nt be in this forum.

Blakenstein

Sep 15, 2009
Alta. Canada.
What happened to the chat box? It used to be on top of the forum,and now it's not there!When I click on the chat box,all I get is portrayal of first and last statements.If it was'nt for the chat box, I would have never solved my problem.The chat box used to run automatically,and sudenly it was changed.Where is it that I can comunicate with the chat box?

Blakenstein

Sep 15, 2009
Alta. Canada.
Sorry but I just cannot find it;I guess I'll just keep trying.Maybe I did something with the controls and I cannot get it back. I'm kind of new to this computer stuff anyway.Thanks for the input,Bikeguy Joe.

Blakenstein

Sep 15, 2009
Alta. Canada.
My gasket paper is 1/16" tan paper.I regasketized all intake with it-works great.-coated bothsides of gskts.with Permatex#1Mottoseal gasket goop-resistant to gasoline.For exhaust I raped gskt with alum.insulation tape just outside the overlap and painted all joint surfaces with goop.It worked until paper inside joint burned up.After re tightening muffler bolts-still works-anyway I found store that sells kits that contain carb,head,and exhaust gasket paper-went and bought their last one.