Cape Cod blue wally world cruiser alt

GoldenMotor.com

ZipTie

Jan 8, 2016
Mpls Mn
This bike is similar to the decent looking Panama Jack but doesn't have the rear luggage rack welded on so maybe no frame cracking by those welds. I overlaid the Cranbrook frame in adobe Photoshop and it looks like the 2 stroke engine will fit as most of the frame is the same dimensions except the lower bar is straighter. A "Fred Head" may even barely fit? I never saw this bike before. Yeh... it has some cheesy do-dads and badges and stickers that need to come off but the bike and front rack is kind of cool and practical too. Yep pack the hubs with grease and watch the bumps and add a front brake at least. The 12 gauge wheels and steel frame and cheap price of 139.00 looks interesting for a wally special. I do like the rich blue color. Seems like maybe a alt to the Cranbrook...maybe. Any experience with this bike...share...

Attachments

Last edited:

YesImLDS

Jun 29, 2013
Columbia, Missouri
Looks like it has plenty of room. My cranbrook has the ability to take off the jug inside the frame itself and has plenty of room even with a fred head. This bike should have clearance for days. As for anything else about the bike I have no idea.

Tons of room!

gooseneck

Nov 27, 2015
concord, ca. usa
Zip, after that nice gta2 build why are you choosing this Cod?
just curious.
i'm stuck between Track Board, Fat bike and or stretch. hopefully one of each and not necessarily in that order. electric someday. right up my alley with all the RC vehicles i have built.
notice the word "COD" do you need a pat of butter and salt with that? (-:

ZipTie

Jan 8, 2016
Mpls Mn
Zip, after that nice gta2 build why are you choosing this Cod?
just curious.
i'm stuck between Track Board, Fat bike and or stretch. hopefully one of each and not necessarily in that order. electric someday. right up my alley with all the RC vehicles i have built.
notice the word "COD" do you need a pat of butter and salt with that? (-:
Goose... The chains on the stretches look scary. It would wrap around my neck on the first ride. your like me if one is good 5 is better. the COD or Cranny Because I'm looking for a brain dead build. Vs battling at every part install. I'm building another GT2 A show and go bike and now they changed the pedestal mount holes on the newer frame.... so the ht engines don't even fit....1/4 inch off at each hole. What are they thinking? Battled the head set all night too to install a new type of springer fork.
Getting the drill out... Yep a drop loop with a stainless tank is on my mind for next winter. I figure I can build a nice Wally World Cod fish in 2 eves... Just saying. It will go together as smooth as butter.

gooseneck

Nov 27, 2015
concord, ca. usa
Aw! i see, yes, i find the hit and miss with my build, not too bad but i read a lot
but still find sometimes there is a do over, especially when i make (create) my own parts and tools. but hey it's still fun and i know you will build a most awesome ride.
any ways i always prefer smoke salmon over most fish (>:
when do you start?
you Ol' ZipTie. i believe i found a new stronger title for ya, how about Hose Clamp?
just kiddn around.
this reminds me when i got hooked on RC, 13 boats, 11 auto's and a few planes, some kits, some ATR. after that it's all about maintenance.
just get too hooked on different looks, performance and such. plus building to me is all the rage.
it's people like you that keep me striving to try and build different and greater things. So Thanx.

ZipTie

Jan 8, 2016
Mpls Mn
Thanks Gooseneck , it was guys like you that first inspired me! Anyhow...Ol' ZipTie here gets addicted to anything that is self propelled too. I have a gas powered RC Viper kit that I haven't got around to putting together yet...but when I do...watch out.
Its addicting because for so little money you can really end up with cool motorbike that is unique ( no two alike ) Its why I plan a lot of MB bike builds, plus you can always suspend them from the ceiling or hang-them on the wall till needed. LOL. This is why its addicting... small successes' in back yard engineering...example: below is my retro Tail lite I just fabricated. It is both modern and vintage looking rugged, 100% water proof, just the right size, and is by far the best looking bike tail light I have ever seen, I built it out of need as nobody offers anything for sale like it. You turn it on by just depressing the lens a click, or another for blinking and another click for off. No buttons or wires. Clean looking, reel steel housing, has bracket welded on and is adjustable in angle. You Just need a inexpensive stainless steel halogen fog lite housing ( available in a 4 pc kit), remove halogen lite and electrical guts. Get a wally-world Bell made Pharos headlight and led tail light kit. Get a depress center plastic 1 5/8th depress center cap hole plug, snap it in and cut out center of plastic in the hole plug with an exacto knife and press in and pressure fit the pharos light. Add even more chrome Trim if you want with 1/8th inch wide sticky backed chrome trim plastic. Install it and heat with a heat gun and let it cool so it takes on the round shape and stays put. I can build these lights in 5 minutes each. I should post a semi-confusing tutorial in the board track section or cruiser thread. Its the: "Zip Vintage Bike Tail Light".

Attachments

Last edited:

gooseneck

Nov 27, 2015
concord, ca. usa
Super retro and great ingenuity, yes it seems a lot of after market products of this nature fall way short, always tryn' to fab somethn' better and different, and take like you did and make their product better.
have Fun and Success.
P.S. doesn't have to be in that order.
i just tried to up date the rear stock V brake with some brass bushings and SS parts with new Jagwire shoe pads.
there are no good after market cruiser length V's out there.
on the BW build i,m doing if it's black, aluminum or SS it gets switched out and replaced (where needed) i really tried to use most of what the bike came with, and some parts were ok for the most part, but a lot of lil' changes happened.
they all will be posted when i'ts finished Trial and error only helps me work smarter i'm mostly a dreamer. i need a bigger hobby work shop :)

ZipTie

Jan 8, 2016
Mpls Mn
Yea, I've had the same prob with the V brakes, nothing I've found that is ideal to use on a cruiser wheel either. I was going try to heat and bend the top of the v brake arms to bring them in a bit? Might work.

cannonball2

Oct 28, 2010
Colonial Coast USA.
I have a set of Shimano Deore XTs Vs on the rear of my carbon Ebike. You would swear its a disc.
Also pad selection is important. I have a set (f&r) of old side pulls using some super(but squeely) BMX pads that stop fantastic. With a new set of standard pads about all they did was make noise when applied.

The spacing on the new Grubee GT2 frame pedstal is to accommodate the new wider GT5A engine cases.

ZipTie

Jan 8, 2016
Mpls Mn
Gee wiz that's first I've heard the new Grubee engine is wider. One wonders why they didn't have a hole set for the old also or the fact they do not mention it in sales listing. I would of bought one of their engines. My pedestal is going to look like Swiss cheese by the time I am done fitting the narrow engine. Hope it doesn't crack from having 4 holes. Is the whole casing wider on the new Grubee or just the front mount. Thanks for the V brake tips!

gooseneck

Nov 27, 2015
concord, ca. usa
I have a set of Shimano Deore XTs Vs on the rear of my carbon Ebike. You would swear its a disc.
Also pad selection is important. I have a set (f&r) of old side pulls using some super(but squeely) BMX pads that stop fantastic. With a new set of standard pads about all they did was make noise when applied.){

i did purchase Shimano Deore XT but arms were not long enough for my bike.
had to send them back. i'll go rear disk later.

cannonball2

Oct 28, 2010
Colonial Coast USA.
Wow not long enough? These fit nicely even when using Hookworms. Wish it had as much tire clearance!

By all means go for the disc if you can fit it. This bike has a disc front but it was not so easy on the rear.

Attachments

ZipTie

Jan 8, 2016
Mpls Mn
The front of the case has been redesigned to fit the wider frame tubing up to 43mm. Really the cases are an entirely new casting. Pretty massive up front with a different exit for the mag wires so as not to interfere with the larger frames.

Pic here. http://motorbicycling.com/showpost.php?p=631382&postcount=11
This is all great information C2. Thanks a heap. Hopefully I can get the smaller case to fit on the new pedestal without compromising strength of the mount.
I learn something everyday here.

cannonball2

Oct 28, 2010
Colonial Coast USA.
No problem. The smaller case should fit fine. I have the problem in reverse if I want to use this engine on my older GT. Will probably have to make an adapter plate.

ZipTie

Jan 8, 2016
Mpls Mn
No problem. The smaller case should fit fine. I have the problem in reverse if I want to use this engine on my older GT. Will probably have to make an adapter plate.
I have both old GT and the newest one here. The plate and the tube holding the pedestal is the same size...just the holes are very different. We will both be drilling.

gooseneck

Nov 27, 2015
concord, ca. usa
Wow not long enough? These fit nicely even when using Hookworms. Wish it had as much tire clearance!

By all means go for the disc if you can fit it. This bike has a disc front but it was not so easy on the rear.
first I apologize to Zip I do not want to hi-jack his post.
anyways details. The XT's would have fit if I removed the fender (even without the fender, cable was just missing my 26"x3.0 tire) and or welded
new posts higher up. at the time I did not realize V brake arms came in different sizes.
there is still much for me to learn and I Thank you CB2.
p.s. I had read up about rear disk brakes and engine rear sprocket drive gear and the hassles that comes when changing tire and such.
And Thank you ZipTie.
you both can now ring the gooseneck laff

ZipTie

Jan 8, 2016
Mpls Mn
Gooseneck, This thread would of died a fast death if it wasn't for the meandering conversation you are having, that's how it should work my friend. I'm learning good stuff!
I've wondered about the sprocket disc brake combos myself...they seem to be too good to be true. There is as you know about a 135mm gap between the GT 2 A chain stays and last time I just bent them together by stomping on the frame, so I wouldn't have to install a long axel in the hub and use a bunch of ugly spacers as I wasn't going to have a gear cassette anyhow, just a lowly 110 mm axle coaster hub. Maybe I shouldn't stomp the new GT frame I'm building and give the combo a try. What do ya think? Love to hear more on the pros and cons of the Sprocket Disc Brake adapter combo... Popcorn is popping.