cant get her started help ????

GoldenMotor.com

2cycleup

Jan 5, 2010
illinois
I Removed A 65.9 Cc 1-888-kit Bike Stinger Engine Off A Bike That I Bult Last Year To Put It On This Old Monark Built Firestone Cruiser But I Cant Seem To Get It Running Again I Have Replaced The Plug Several Times It Has A Hot Blue Spark I'm Getting Plenty Of Gas But She Just Wont Start The Motor Has A Bit More Angle Than Before Fuel Was Dripping From Muffler So Being The Carb Was At A Bit More Of An Ange I Adj The Float Thinking It Was Getting To Much Fuel The Air/fuel Mixture Is Set A 3-1/2 Turns Out I Have Replaced The Fuel Tank With An Old School One And Mounted It On Back I Have Fresh Gas Mixed At 24-1 The Wirring Is A No Brainer 3 Comming Out Of Engine Two Going To Coil And One Going To Kill Stwitch One Comming Out Of Switch And Grounded To Engine Its Got Me Stumped

Attachments

r00t4rd3d

Aug 2, 2010
Internet
Do You Realize Its Very Annoying To Read Text Like This ?

How long did the engine sit around without running ? If you let the clutch out and just try and push the bike does it seem like the compression is good ? Lots of resistance ?

If there is hardly any resistance/low compression , try a cap full of any motor oil down the plug hole. Leave the plug out , let the clutch out and push it around for a few feet. Replace the plug and try it again.

2cycleup

Jan 5, 2010
illinois
the motor was running on the other frame just a few months ago started and ran ok bike seems to have plenty of compression when i crank it over. i have mot tested to see how much psi but their is a bunch of resistance hooked an atv to it and pulled it to try to start it. not even a sputter pulling my hair out wow !!!!!!!!!

2cycleup

Jan 5, 2010
illinois
""""""" fire in the hole got her running again"""""" was going to unhook the kill switch after taking off tape i noticed the two no brainer wires switched around fixed that and it started up strange thing is it showed fire wile i was cranking it over before. sure feel like an aXX oh well its going now thanks all..........................