can get the motor to stay on

GoldenMotor.com

mpnavarro1

Apr 18, 2009
california
the promble is that i can get the bike to stay on.the the throlle stay stuck on high rpm.when i start the bike i could only start on half opend chock .i already got a new carb,a new throlle cable,but it seem that i have the same promble.can someone help pleace.:-||scratg

mechanickid

Aug 7, 2008
nh
so no mater where the throttle slide is positioned it runs at a high rpm?
or does the slide only stay half way open?

mpnavarro1

Apr 18, 2009
california
i acually bought a whole new engine for this little promble.the throttle dont come back to the normal positon.i thought it would be a petty fast fix if would just buy them new. but i can still get it runin jet.i was going to lube the throttle cable to see if that would work.or i think the throttle cable is to big it shouldnt be be big.i bought this engine from that dax.this is my second engine i have bought from him.i still have the new engine put away.the one that i am fix is the frist one it always ran good on till that little promble.or do u think it is the engine. :-||

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
where are you at in california? i don't normally make house calls, but if you're close, i could cruise by.

throttle cables are pretty much a standard size throughout the industry. i doubt yours is any different.

sounds like a simple problem of adjustment, but we need more info.

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
take off the air cleaner look at the throttle slide it should go all the way closed if not you might have the throttle slide in wrong the split on the side of the slide aligns with a little tit inside the carb
this keeps the slide from rotating in the card.
you need to check it. if this don't help let me know.