Can anyone identify this bike??

GoldenMotor.com

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
What does it say on the tank? I'd certainly pay a hundred for it. Yes, it would be nice with a four stroke. What does the rear hub say on it? Pedals look like no older than 1960's. Nice cruiser handlebars, has a rear rack. It would look great with an in frame gas tank.
SB

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
I am guessing either a Western Flyer or Murray early "60's" there are some thing's that have been added and some deleted, probably refurbished at one time for 2nd round rider.
Nice Bike seems to be Straight and no abuse, too bad it doesn't have a story book about it LOL!

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
its definitely worth a hundred bucks.

i'm not exactly sure based on the one picture and looking at it from my phone, but it could be a columbia or western flyer.

seat,bars, seatpost and forks look like '40s era stuff. not sure whats original, but i'd scoop it up if i were you.

Mr.B.

Oct 21, 2008
Upper Mississippi River valley
Looks like the tank maybe says “Sky Pilot”...

If so Roadmaster had a series of middle weights in the mid 60’s with that name, However the tank also looks like a mismatch on that older frame.

-Kirk

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Go get it. You will be likely be able to ID it after applying some rubbing compound to the frame.

borntofli

Jul 27, 2012
tx
Hopefully i'll have the bike this weekend... Its 200 miles away and I don't have a car... A friend is going to get it for me....

Ive searched all the vintage databases and it seems to be early 40's or 50"s...

Whatever it is it will be an eye catcher when finished.....

Its a heavy bike, thinking will need more power than a 49 4 stroke.... hf 79 might be the ticket....

SlowBalt

Mar 8, 2010
Rhode Island
I have this tank for sale . The bike was a 30's Westfield Columbia.
My customer wanted a different type of tank.
If you trace the tank space of the frame and send it to me ,and it fits. You can have it for $150 shipping included.

Last edited:

borntofli

Jul 27, 2012
tx
I can see this wont be a cheap build....I think that tank would fit great...I was thinking of making a fiberglass tank.......

borntofli

Jul 27, 2012
tx
Re: Can anyone identify this bike?? IT'S HERE !!!

This welded basket should help me identify it...

I don't know anything about this hub.....

Anyone know what this bracket is for??

Don't think a 4 stroke will fit.... Guess a 2 stroke with a period looking exhaust will have to do....

Has original wheels, not sure about the crank........

borntofli

Jul 27, 2012
tx
Has the 2 speed kickback hub....... Made in the 60's..... Cant find a bike frame from the 60's that looks like this..... Not original wheels..... but I like them...

kevyleven007

Sep 25, 2008
texas
Yeah its worth it if its worth it to you. It is what it is. I would have bought it too. Might be a darn huffy for all I know

Last edited:

borntofli

Jul 27, 2012
tx
Upon further searching, the chainguard and frame markings and style suggest 39-41 mercury or sears elgin.......

Its damn heavy, def needs a motor....

Can I use the 2 speed hub, or will I destroy it using a motor.....