buggered kill switch

GoldenMotor.com

LOOSE

Feb 7, 2010
perth
hi people i was hopeing some one could please help me .
I was going flat out down a hill to day and as i reached the bottom my bike died . i changed the spark plug and tryed to start her again no luck till i pushed the kill switch then she sprung to life so i rode home holding in the kill switch she still runs fine but only when i push in the switch . i have checked the wireing every thing seens fine any ideas on fixing it ?
I have no liceince so rely on it for transport.
cheers

Gareth

Dec 8, 2009
Floriduh
Take apart the kill switch and repair it if possible....or, eliminate the kill switch and shut it off by choking it.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
This is the second time we've heard this scenario whereby the engine will only run with the kill switch depressed. Check your ground wire, the black one from your engine to make sure it is properly connected to the black wire from the CDI. If that connection looks good then remove the magneto cover and check the connection where the black wire is attached to the magneto coil. Unfortunately the first gentleman who had this problem didn't get back to us with what he found.
Tom

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
I'm wondering if the spring inside the button moved & is now connecting the two wires, & pushing the button is now disconnecting the circut???
Will the bike run if you totally disconnect the button from the CDI wires?

Blakenstein

Sep 15, 2009
Alta. Canada.
Hey Venice,u are right on the money with that one...that is precisely what it is...nothing wrong with the ground...obviously ...THAT'S working REALLY good.

LOOSE

Feb 7, 2010
perth
I have taken the kill switch apart by takeing out the yellow switch . still no luck so then taped some wire to conect the wires and bike starts but wont idle . ill now try the magneto thing . cheers

LOOSE

Feb 7, 2010
perth
just checked the black wire connection yo cdi all good same with the wire to the magneto .

Could it be the cdi or could i bypass the kill switch if so how ?
cheers

LOOSE

Feb 7, 2010
perth
Or would it reck anything if i soldered the kill switch wires together ??

Last edited:

LOOSE

Feb 7, 2010
perth
I have disconected both kill switch wires the green wire from the bike and unpluged the yellow/red from the white . Is that how you disconnect the kill switch ?? didnt work .
only way she runs is if i connect the to kill switch wires together ??

stv1jzgte

Feb 11, 2009
australia
I have never used a kill switch and i cut the white wire off at the magneto.

Wire it black to black and green/blue to blue leave the white wire alone wrap the end so it doesnt touch any thing. it will run

matesrates

Feb 6, 2010
sydney
I have disconected both kill switch wires the green wire from the bike and unpluged the yellow/red from the white . Is that how you disconnect the kill switch ?? didnt work .
only way she runs is if i connect the to kill switch wires together ??
Is there the two wires from magneto to coil connected???.shft.

LOOSE

Feb 7, 2010
perth
tryed disconnecting the white and connecting the black to black and green blue to blue still nothing ???

stv1jzgte

Feb 11, 2009
australia
tryed disconnecting the white and connecting the black to black and green blue to blue still nothing ???
then ive got no idea

When i first got 1 of these bikes it didnt have a kill switch so i tried wiring 1 into the earth lead somehow it fried the cdi i took the switch off and got a new cdi and never had a problem 3motors later

Last edited:

LOOSE

Feb 7, 2010
perth
ill try a new switch tonight and maybe a cdi but failing that ill just solder the kill switch wires together and see how long it lasts , i have talked to a few people now and with this forum and it is a spun out problem . its all gone back to front ???
cheers for all your help !!!!