Brand New Will Not Run

GoldenMotor.com

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
I just installed a new 2stroke 66cc engine. When I take off the engine fires up but I get no power and the bike slows to a stop. When I engage the clutch it dies out fast. Everything is new and installed correctly. Can anyone help please?
That sounds like the engine isn't actually running at all.
What you are hearing is the piston moving inside the engine, like it ought to, and the noise is the sound of the intake gulping in air and the exhaust pumping it out.

Do you have spark?
It the spark plug wet or dry when you remove it after trying to start the engine?

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
Thanks Just Curious Why When I Tighten Hub I Have A Drag Then I Leave It And Outer Bolts Are Tight I Dont Thanks
When you tighten a wheel hub?
If the wheel drags then either it needs to be cleaned out and the bearings re-greased or you are slightly over tightening the bearing cones. The outer nuts that mount the wheel to the bicycle do not play a roll in the bearing cone adjustment.

superamino

Sep 1, 2010
NM
What you are hearing is the piston moving inside the engine, like it ought to, and the noise is the sound of the intake gulping in air and the exhaust pumping it out.

Do you have spark?
It the spark plug wet or dry when you remove it after trying to start the engine?[/QU

Yes, I think I have a spark. The spark plug is Dry.

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia

Do you have spark?
It the spark plug wet or dry when you remove it after trying to start the engine?[/QU

Yes, I think I have a spark. The spark plug is Dry.
You are having a fuel problem then.
Check the fuel valve on the gas tank for proper flow.
Remove the hose from the carburetor and place it in a catch can. Turn on the valve and watch the volume of fuel coming out of the hose. It should be a steady stream. If it is a very slow trickle, either the valve's screen is clogged or the valve itself is clogged.

Does your carburetor have a white handled valve on it? The handle needs to be in the on position, lever vertical as well as the fuel tank valve in the on position, lever also vertical.

Edit: Be absolutely positive you have spark before dinking with the fuel valves and carburetor.
If you need help with a how to on checking for spark, just ask, ok?

rimotorbiker1976

Aug 31, 2010
rhode island
i had the same problem, i followed all the great tips i got and it fired right up, try this get rid of those quick connectors and hard wire up the blue to blue and the black to black between the cdi and engine, dont do anything with the white wire just make sure it aint grounding out and dont hook up the kill switch yet, now try it hope it works like it did for me.its a blast

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Hey there joeselect, you weren't just playing 21 questions were you....I look at your post's and there were 21, each with a questionlaff

Just joking, glad your ride is finally treating you well, sometimes, more than not, little bugs need to get worked out....it's just part of dialing them in so too speak. Cheers, happy riding!brnot