Boost bottle

GoldenMotor.com

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
I got mine in the mail today, and I'm wondering something. How far should I screw the barb into the manifold? Only 50% of the way? The full way?
I make my own. I screw the brass 1/8" barb fitting ALL the way into the intake manifold. Eyeball a measurement and angle needed and grind any protruding material off. When the fitting fits into the manifold without protruding into the air/fuel pathway I use a little JB Wield and install. I feel that the instillation needs to be done this way so the airflow is not interrupted. Many can't tell the difference, I can, and this might be the reason.

Mind_Reader7

May 1, 2010
Northam, Western Australia.
Should I install it on an angle or anything? Or just straight down? I'm going to the dentist in an hour, then to the hardware store for a few things. So when I'll come back, I'll post some pics of where I plan to drill it, and wether you think I should or not.

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
Should I install it on an angle or anything? Or just straight down? I'm going to the dentist in an hour, then to the hardware store for a few things. So when I'll come back, I'll post some pics of where I plan to drill it, and wether you think I should or not.
Remember the fitting is NPT...pipe thread. Straight or angle is ok, just prefit it as to where the hose will come from.