Boardtrack Racing Bars Revision 2

GoldenMotor.com

chopperjoe

Nov 15, 2009
bourbonnais il
Hi Pat we had talked earlier last week, said you were backed up a couple months. We did find a frame elsewere from DK Helmutt, were do you purchase a bike stand or did you fab that one? thanks Joe

sportscarpat

Bonneville Bomber the Salt Flat record breaker
Jun 25, 2009
california
Chopper Joe,
The stand belongs to a good friend of mine. He told me it was a plumbers stand with some mods for bicycles. It is super heavy duty and handles the weight of a complete motorbike. I don't know what I would do without it. I do have a six month policy on loaned tools with my close friends. If they leave any loaned tools in my shop for more then six months they become my tools! No worries, though, as if he ever needs to "borrow" it I can loan it to him as long as he brings it right back!

sportscarpat

Jun 25, 2009
california
Since this thread was bumped up I may as well update it with revision 3 of my boardie bars. Finding the correct bends to get the look closer to my idea of what looks right has been a challenge. Here is the latest attempt. These bars are aluminum and only come in black. The bends are pretty close to what I want.

Sportsman WZ Flyer by Sportsman Flyer, on Flickr

Zman

Sep 10, 2010
germany
These bars looking very good, i've seen this on many vintage BT's.
On many pics i've seen they are using a linkage from the throttle to the carburetor, how do you think about this idea ?

Attachments

Last edited:

sportscarpat

Jun 25, 2009
california
These bars looking very good, i've seen this on many vintage BT's.
On many pics i've seen they are using a linkage from the throttle to the carburetor, how do you think about this idea ?
I think the linkage sounds very cool and very complicated. It could be done. It's all about finding the time to figure it all out. Maybe figuring it out half way would be easier. Linkages to a common bell crank assembly located on the down tube, then cables from there. A couple laser cut bell cranks. small standoff tig welded to the frame. Hmmmmmmmmmm.......

Zman

Sep 10, 2010
germany
The idea for this throttle-linkage has long been concerned me, i want to realize it on my bike. But i dunno how.....laff

bobby

Dec 15, 2010
ny
Since this thread was bumped up I may as well update it with revision 3 of my boardie bars. Finding the correct bends to get the look closer to my idea of what looks right has been a challenge. Here is the latest attempt. These bars are aluminum and only come in black. The bends are pretty close to what I want.

wow front pic looks mean...what size tires are those? and is that a 3spd rear hub? bronze front badge is cool too

sportscarpat

Jun 25, 2009
california
Last edited:

bobby

Dec 15, 2010
ny
wow thats a bicycle. what rear hub is it? and that drop loop in frame is perfect. and exhaust is too. have a new background on my pc. great build

Rob_

Jan 9, 2011
OK
Pat Awesome Bars...I Need a set of your bars how do I get in touch for a Victa motored boardy????

Rob J

72tx340

Mar 24, 2010
Caribou Maine
I GOT MY BARDS TODAY FROM PAT WOO HOO!! Ive been watching his bars from the beginning. First ones were cool but not quite right for me. Second ones raised my eyebrows. Now the 3rd ones were a must have!!! Pat there dead on for what i was looking for!!! THANKS again!!

chopperjoe

Nov 15, 2009
bourbonnais il
Hey Pat, purchased a worksman front wheel with drum brake, will be mounting on a monarch also, I noticed you have your brake arm on right side, wondering how you mounted your stop bracket, trying to figure something nicer than a strap. Cant get a good close up on yours.

sportscarpat

Jun 25, 2009
california
Hi Joe,
The right side mounting of the brake arm was causing the forks to bind. Norm at Venice Beach MB's came up with a much better approach. It requires a modified rear shoulder bolt with welded on pin. It works great.

DSC06035 by Sportsman Flyer, on Flickr

chopperjoe

Nov 15, 2009
bourbonnais il
Thanks, tried putting on right side also, thats why I questioned that, had same binding problem. Great idea with modified shoulder bolt. Back out to the man shed. Thanks again for the great pics. Joe

Attachments

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Yeah, Basically I found out real quick that something was keeping the fork from moving up & down; so I looked at the drum brake & found that it's center is fixed to the fork dropouts & must pivot with the dropouts as the fork springs move up & down, & that the pin that locks in the stop bracket on the drum needed to be relocated to allow this.
It was actually pretty simple to figure out because I had already worked out similar problems when I designed my disc brake bracket for the Monark forks.

Pat & I will certainly be offering the modified shoulder bolts with the stop pin as a option with the Monark forks soon. (^)

Here's some pix...