Board track racing video from 1918-1920

GoldenMotor.com

Jumpa

Aug 12, 2011
Cape Cod
This has probably been posted here in the past but after a quick search I couldn't find it so I'm posting a link to it IO hope it's OK to do so.

This is a sport I would love to see make a comeback ..
We can call it " NASBIKE " The responsible & economical mans way of racing!

I guess "from what I've read" this is the original "Daytona Race Track" a 1 mile board track. No wonder there aren't many Mighty Oak's in FLA

I read that this video sat under a woman's bed for many many years and when she passed away a family member found it and converted it & uploaded it for us all to see

Watch how the spectators are right on the track almost getting in the way unbelievable or conceivable in this day and age.

Great quality a vid shot on an old hand held crank video camera.
I hope you guys & gals enjoy it as much as I did

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPZY-MUx8qk

Look how people dressed back then with their Lincoln hats all so prim & proper People were polite to one another and treated each other with respect back then
.ENJOY!!!

sportscarpat

Bonneville Bomber the Salt Flat record breaker
Jun 25, 2009
california
Hi Jumpa,
Yep, that video has been posted before. Still, thanks for sharing. I watched it again and enjoyed the look back in time. So cool this video was discovered and a shame the others in the collection seem to be lost.

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Personally I love the old btr'ers, but I would never do it myself, even with a nickname like Maniac.
Those guys were HARD! There were deaths and horrific injuries almost every time they raced.
I sometimes wonder how they could even ride a bike with stones that huge....