Board track bicycles?

GoldenMotor.com

Lurker

Jan 29, 2010
Pittsburgh
I saw the goofy banner ad for the "fixie bikes" on this site and I just have to ask the question. Do any of you guys have a actual track bike? If so post a photo. I think these bike s are pure works of art and I love to look at them.

Here is a photo of mine, sorry for the bad quality.
p.s. I never ride this on the street.

Attachments

cobrafreak

Feb 16, 2011
sacramento ca
It's a common sight here in Sacramento to see a bicycle courier on a "Fixie" with no brakes. They claim they are best suited to courier duty by being rugged, simple, and extra manuverable. They can stop it at a light by balancing in place with the feet still in the pedals and can come to a skid stop if they need to. Me, well I would die in ten minutes on one! Lol

whitey

Mar 7, 2010
Western Australia
wow thats really nice Lurker. I will post some pics of my street basher when I find my camera. Please tell me you ride it fixed, not freewheel. I still need to paint the frame black, wheels black and buy a nice brooks saddle for it. It has had quite a life, starting out as being motorised, green, orange, red, purple and now white. I prefer older style frames with artistic lugs

Here is a pic of an old track bike I picked up. Sadly the frame was not rideable as it had many cracks. I guess when a bike is over 70years old I shouldn't expect much else

Attachments

harry76

Apr 16, 2011
Brisbane, Australia
Not sure if this is classed as a track bike but i did make it into a fixie. Its a vintage Australian bike called a "whippet" brand bicycle. It came with 28"rims but as i said i made it into a fixie

I do a fair bit of mountain biking so i figured id get the hang of a fixie, but i rode it a few times and maybe i didnt give it a chance but i didnt really enjoy riding it..... so i decided to motorize it, its sat unfinished for a while, but heres where its at

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
That Ol' bike is look'n good! don't stop there, I've been thinking about a Thruster sold at Wal-Mart for$99.99 with the 700's(aka28"rims &tires) putting a pair of monark springer forks and a pair 32" or 27" of cruiser handler bars,cream colored tires, Gyes leather seat and some Schwinn 700 fenders, I was also thinking of either an arched or straight center bar, Don't know about an engine yet as I need a peddler to go riding with the wifey now that I got her warmed up to M/B's or bikes in general,a pair of truss rods would look good on those forks
Don't stop! you diffenately got a nice looking bike