Blue Moon Dog Qusetion

GoldenMotor.com

RONNY_ODELL

May 27, 2008
Arab Al. (close to Huntsville Al.
Hey Guys I Planning On Placing My Kit On An Orange Moon Dog.. (seen It Here And At Wally World) .... Any Way I Seen A Blue One On Ebay And Like It Better Than The Orange One ,,, But The Tubes Going Towards Front Of Bike From The Back Are Rounded Towards The Inside To Where The Motor Will Sit ,,,, Any Of You Guys Got One On The Blue Moon Dog And If So Does Those Bars Going Downward Bother Ane Clearance Problems??? Thanx Guys

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Hi Ronny, I have a moon dog. Engine sits well but tight. The plug cap comes up between the 2 curved bars (Is there a proper name?) below the top tube. Great bike. Looks great and the seat is awesome for a cheapie. Bike is really small though.

(the 2x4s in the foreground with the needle-nose pliers on top is my laser aided wheel truing device. works great except for the laser part rotfl)

Attachments

Big Joe

Jan 6, 2008
Decatur Al
Ronnie
I have a brand new Schwinn Southpoint, (similar to a moondog but fancier). PM me if interested. I am in Decatur AL.

MarkTur

May 23, 2008
Here's my "Blue Dog"

No worries for the install...in fact, easier than the Orange from what I understand.

You can see that I'm not using the stock tires...went to a Kevlar tire, a bit smaller, because I was having a terrible time with flats. I solved the problems, you can look on the "other forum" - search for "40 miles to my first flat", and you can read the details.

It's a good bike, but I'm investing a bit into it to make it more comfortable - shock absorbing seat post, and I'm putting a set of Springers on the front. I also changed out the hard seat...so that's about another $80 or so into it...if I had to do it again, I'd spend a bit more on the bike to get something with suspension, otherwise, it's a fine bike.

Good luck!
Mark

Attachments

RONNY_ODELL

May 27, 2008
Ronnie
I have a brand new Schwinn Southpoint, (similar to a moondog but fancier). PM me if interested. I am in Decatur AL.
JUS GOT HOME THIS AFTERNOON JOE.... SHOWED THE WIFE THE PICS..... THINK SHE IS STILL LIKING THE OTHER SCHWINN AT WALLY WORLD... BUT THANX FRO THE OFFER AND WAS NICE TO MEET YOU AND YOUR WIFE..... HAVE FUN AND BE SAFE ON THOSE 3 WHEELERS.... TOLD WIFE ABOUT THOSE ,, SHE THOUGHT THOSE WERE JUS SO KOOL.... ANY WAY SEE AROUND HERE SOME TIME

RONNY_ODELL

May 27, 2008
NICE RIDE MARK..... can i ask where ya got the back rack and center kick stand.... think ill go with a blue one on next build.... wife is looking at a red bike at wally world.. so at least we will be a matching cpl...(^) also do you have any problems with the finders ? i see most guys here dont like fenders ... safty issue i guess.... but any info wil help ... thanx

MarkTur

May 23, 2008
Back Rack and Bag: Modernbikes.com
Kickstandd: Spooky - see banner on left side.

Have fun!